OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notify me when there is a problem with my PItoOCS agent or connection

As a PI System Administrator managing our OCS implementation I need to be notified when there is an important change in my PI to OCS software or the connection to OCS that will require me to intervene. I need a notification to tell me about any problems that are occurring. I also need to be able to configure the type of message I get alerts on. I need an alert when data stops transferring, or something critical needs my attention.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Edit Unit of Measure (UOMs)

Within OCS, make it easier to edit the unit of measure (UOM) for streams.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Management & Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display Moving Assets on a Map with History

I would like the ability to display my moving assets on a map SO THAT I can see where they have been over historical time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Data Ownership Scenarios

This idea is to collect customer feedback around Data Ownership Issues. Please let us know your Data Ownership scenarios and needs!

As a customer of OCS, I want the ability to have full control and ownership of my data SO THAT I can assert my rights and have control over data from my farm.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OCS Scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let me copy the URL for the "get data" Data Views API call directly from the Data Views configuration page

As a Data Scientist, I want there to be an "easy copy" button so that I can quickly and easily copy the API URL that can be used to query for the Data View's interpolated data, with the parameters set in the configuration page.

This will facilitate ease-of-use for citizen Data Scientsts who will be leveraging this API call in other tools, as well as save time for both expert and citizen Data Scientists, by generating the API URL with required fields such as AccountID, Namespace, DataViewID, startIndex, endIndex, interval, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PI to OCS credentials

I’d like to be able to setup the agent using a pre-created clientId and clientSecret along with my tenantId – our servers require that we login with a different account than our normal user account and since credentials we're trying to pass to OCS with passthrough I was unable to get in the middle of that process and use my normal user account to authenticate for the agent install. My elevated admin account for the servers does not have access to email, so I wasn’t able to just add the account as a user in OCS. That caused me to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. We are researching how best to achieve the goal of specifying a client id and secret manually during install rather than forcing the user to login to OCS to retrieve the client id and secret.

Please let me know if you have questions, or additional information you wish to share.

Warm regards,
    Janelle Minich
    Technical Product Manager

7. Asset Metadata Searching

Ability to search for Assets by their metadata (key/value pairs). For example, search for "Philadelphia Pumps"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

PLANNED  ·  0 comments  ·  Search & Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Comments / Annotations to a Trend Cursor

Ability to add notes to a particular time/cursor on a trend SO THAT when another person is looking at the same data, they can see the comment.

Ability to view the comments other users have entered and view the data associated with them SO THAT the community of users can contribute to the organizations shared knowledge.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Time based summary calculations

Ability to perform hourly, daily, weekly monthly, quarterly aggregation summary calculations on data.

Often useful for utility consumption KPIs / metrics.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate ML Models back to Remote Edge Systems

The ability to push Machine Learning models trained from data in the cloud environment back down to remote assets / Edge systems.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ad-Hoc Display Sharing

Goal: Replayce the "fax me that display" or "screen shot that display for me".

Ability to share a display with an external person on an ad-hoc basis (display not previously shared).

The access to the display might be temporary (hours, days, week).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. OCS Trends Configuration Needs to be Saved in Cloud - Not The Browser!!!

Currently, the trend configuration information is stored locally on the browser using cookies and does not persist between different computers. When local storage is refreshed or deleted, the trends then need to be reconfigured. Also, jumping between workstations, such as in a plant, makes this infuriating as the trends can be different. Basically, if you make a change to a trend, those changes don't synch to other workstations and have to be done manually for each. As this is a cloud platform this does not match the pattern of use or expectation that trends\displays would persist. This information should be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Trend search results should highlight only returned results

When I search for something in the the Trend search, the results that are highlighted should only highlight fields that were searched on. Highlighting other text returned, as it currently does implies the search found it that way.

For example if I search on SystemStateCode. It returns 2 results, 1 for the value property and 1 for the systemstatecode property of the PI to OCS stream called SystemStateCode. The systemstatecode stream name and property name are both highlighted. I know I have more PI to OCS tags on this system and that these streams properties are not being returned in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hovering over a hidden variable in an OCS trend should not gray out shown variables

As an OCS end user, when I hover over a hidden variable in my OCS trend, I would like for shown variables in the OCS trend to not gray out, leaving no visible variables in the trend. Hidden variables should not affect the visualization of the OCS trend.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OCS to IP.21 Data Egress

Ability to egress OCS data to an on prem IP.21 system for the purposes of ensuring operators on the plant floor can visualize this data with their existing displays for real time decision making.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Egress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Search & View Data Across Namespaces & Communities

Ability to search and view information from data across namespaces and communities.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Define UOM on SDS Type Field in OCS Portal

Ability to define Units of Measure on a Field in an SDS Type using the OCS Portal UI. Currently, the field type, name, and description can be edited, and fields can be marked as indexed. It is not possible in the UI to add UOM to a Field.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Management & Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support meta data rules on streams that ignore some delimiters

I would like to be able to generate meta data for my streams that have extra, unused delimiters in the name

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, the selective use of delimiters will be supported by the Stream Metadata Rules. OSIoft recognizes that not all delimiters in a stream name or description are equally meaningful; they may be quite significant in one position and unimportant/ignored in another position (e.g. period used as delimiter and skipped within the same pattern).

Development is currently working to complete this feature function.

19. Disable PII (Personally Identifiable Information) from being shared in Communities

If personally identifiable information (PII) is ever capable of being shared across tenants in a Community, have a Community configuration option to turn this off for a specific community SO THAT PII can explicitly be protected.

NOTE that currently, PII information is not shared across tenants for members within a community. If that ever changes, there needs to be this option to disable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save PI Point Transfer List to easily rebuild transfer query

Having to redefine the Pi point transfer list manually every time is inconvenient. For example, it currently takes 5 different queries for me to build my list, and this last time I forgot one. It would be nice if somehow you could save and reference a previous list of pi points or the application remembers what has already been included in a past transfer. It's really common that you might only need to add a few streams to the existing pi point transfer list. If you could save a list of previous transfers then add the new query for new…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED