OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services Feedback site!

We created this forum to hear your challenges, ideas, suggestions, and feedback around future cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

How can we improve OSIsoft Cloud Services?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Onboard New Partners / Customers - Create Sub-Accounts our Customers

Have a way to provide our services to our partners / customers that don’t have an OSIsoft Cloud Services Account and easily onboard them with their own Accounts SO THAT we can expand our business to all our potential customers, not just those that have a relationship with OSIsoft.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Single Community Lead

As a company that shares data with it's partners, I need to explicitly control who can invite users from other Accounts into my Community SO THAT I can control access. In this model, I will invite all external users into the Community rather than a model where another 'trusted' partner is also a Lead in a Community.

This idea is in contrast to the 'Shared Community Lead' idea: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811/suggestions/19121905

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Temporarily Share Data

As a company that shares data with partners, we need to share data temporarily (has an expiration) SO THAT my partner can see the data they need right now when they need it but they don't have access to it for ever.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share from PI Tags

I need to be able to select PI tags to share with external partners when these tags aren't incorporated into an AF structure.

PI Cloud Connect today requires an AF structure to transfer data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. View data in different Units of Measure (UOM)

As a process engineer, I need the ability to view data in unit of measure's that I'm used to SO THAT the values make sense to me when I'm viewing and analyzing displays.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. View data in Different Time Zones

As a service provider, I need the ability to view data in the time zone of where the asset/customer are located or the time zone I'm located in SO THAT we can work in the right time context and collaborate easier with our customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delay access to real time data

Delay access to real time data that we're sharing with a partner for a period (ex: hours, day) SO THAT I can comply with regulations around sensitive market data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Community Driven Asset Templates

Enable a way for people across different companies to collaborate together with the goal of defining standard Asset Template structures for different types of assets (pumps, steam turbines, tanks, etc.) that can be published and used by all customers SO THAT Industrial Operators and Service Providers can easily to exchange operational data, consume service offerings, and enable future bench marking services.

Imagine publicly available Asset Templates developed through a model similar to Wikipedia.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Context & Data Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Map a Partner's Data into our Asset Structure / Model

As a company that receives shared data from our partners or customers, we need to map our partner's data from PI Systems (tags, assets, attributes) into our own Asset Structure / Model SO THAT we can easily run our calculations, visualizations, against the structure we have already built.

This also helps scale our product/service to many customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Local Data Historian for embedding in Partner Applications

As a Partner that wants to focus on application logic instead of writing a database, I often receive manual data inputs, results of time-series calculations, and create predictive data sets that require persistence SO THAT our application can receive and publish data from OSIsoft and other sources without the overhead of managing a full stack of software.

Ideally this local historian would seamlessly integrate with our application without having to directly embed it (so upgrades are easy) - while also having a high affinity to Data Sharing behaviors in OSIsoft's Cloud Services (thus making it near zero configuration).

Some of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Local Data Historian for Data Science

As a Data Scientist or Data Steward, I would like a local, zero configuration, in-memory ordered, columnar data storage instance that can take a subset of data from a Cloud Services Data Sharing Publication and persist it for local computing resource tasks SO THAT repetitive updates and changes to my data queries perform well, and also, give me a safe space to test several scenarios prior to publishing data back to Cloud Services.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Manage Account Data Flow for our Partners / Customers

Be able to manage things like data ingress, stream configuration, data mapping, and others for our customer sub-accounts SO THAT our customers can just consume our service (and they paid for us to do these types of tasks).

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create an Internal Community for Sharing Data, Displays, and Collaborating Internally

Create an Internal Community that includes members from the same company or organization (Account). No data or content is shared with external organizations.

===
    Example Use Cases:
    * Collaboration around assets (Pump Experts)
    * Collaboration around a business goal (Reducing Downtime, Energy Usage, etc.)
    * Collaboration around a social goal (improving health by all company Fitbit users)

===

NOTE: if you have example use cases, please add them to the comments of this idea!

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a Partnership Community for Sharing Data & Displays with your Partners / Customers

The ability to create a Community for sharing data, displays, other artifacts, and collaborate among each of your partners / vendors / customers.

Some Assumptions about 'Partnership Communities':
    * A partnership community contains members that are typically across 2 companies/organizations (Accounts) and is often signified as a private business relationship.
    * It will be common for one of the partners in the Partnership community to be providing services to the other partner in the community (i.e. one is a customer of the other).
    * The data shared into these communities from any 1 company will be specific to the business…

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shared Community Lead

As a company that shares data with it's partners, I would like to invite another person from my partner's account to also be a Community Lead SO THAT they can add and manage users from their Account in the Community. Our community Lead will manage our users, our partner's community lead will manage their users.

This idea is in contrast to the 'Single Community Lead' idea. https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811/suggestions/19121872

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Peer Community for Collaborating around Shared Interests or Goals

The ability to create a Community for sharing data, displays, other artifacts, and collaborate among many Peers (or potentially competitors) that share a common interest or goal.

Some Assumptions about 'Peer Communities':
    * A peer community could potentially include many different companies/organizations (tens to hundreds?) ... more than 2.
    * The data shared into these communities from any 1 company might be very limited in nature. (narrow scope)
    * Does the data need to be anonymized before being shared into the community?
    * Are their potentially members of a peer community that don't own any data but help analyze or…

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Protect our Intellectual Property and Expertise

As a service provider or analytics vendor, we need to share the results (ex: KPIs) of our expertise and IP with our industrial operating customers while protecting our internal Intellectual Property (IP) SO THAT we can provide value while protecting our business and continuing to be profitable.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Comply with GDRP Data Storage Requirements - South America

We need to ensure that when our company's data is stored in the cloud, it is stored within South America SO THAT we can comply with local regulations and stay in compliance.

We need to make sure the servers that our data resides on is located within South America.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Comply with GDRP Data Storage Requirements - North America

We need to ensure that when our company's data is stored in the cloud, it is stored within North America SO THAT we can comply with local regulations and stay in compliance.

We need to make sure the servers that our data resides on is located within North America.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED