OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Temporarily Share Data

As a company that shares data with partners, we need to share data temporarily (has an expiration) SO THAT my partner can see the data they need right now when they need it but they don't have access to it for ever.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deliver Data to Customers via Custom Portal

As a service provider, I need to incorporate data into our multi-tenant customer portal (custom) SO THAT we can share data and other information with our customers.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Partners can create their own displays from shared data

As a company that shares data with our partners, my partners would like the ability to create their own displays from data we share with them SO THAT they can build what they need in a self-service model (and we don't have to build everything for them).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. View data in different Units of Measure (UOM)

As a process engineer, I need the ability to view data in unit of measure's that I'm used to SO THAT the values make sense to me when I'm viewing and analyzing displays.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. View data in Different Time Zones

As a service provider, I need the ability to view data in the time zone of where the asset/customer are located or the time zone I'm located in SO THAT we can work in the right time context and collaborate easier with our customers.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Project Shared data into different Units of Measure (UOMs)

As a company that shares data or displays with our partners or customers, I need to be able to convert/transform/project our shared data into different Units of Measures (UOMs) that our partners/customers want to work with SO THAT they can view the data in the units they are comfortable with.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Indicate that OMF was accepted

As a OMF developer, I would like a way to easily check if my OMF message succeeded and the message was processed and there were no errors. I would like to do this from my sending application. One possible way would be to send in the returned operation-id of a call to get its status(using same auth header).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Ingress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let me copy the URL for the "get data" Data Views API call directly from the Data Views configuration page

As a Data Scientist, I want there to be an "easy copy" button so that I can quickly and easily copy the API URL that can be used to query for the Data View's interpolated data, with the parameters set in the configuration page.

This will facilitate ease-of-use for citizen Data Scientsts who will be leveraging this API call in other tools, as well as save time for both expert and citizen Data Scientists, by generating the API URL with required fields such as AccountID, Namespace, DataViewID, startIndex, endIndex, interval, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable conditional substitution between fields in a Data View

As a Data Scientist exploring or analyzing my dataset, I want to have the ability to configure a Data View to conditionally substitute the value from one field into another field (for instance if a field has a null value at one interval, fill that interval with the value from a different field)

An example of a common use case would be regarding PI tags sent to OCS via the PI to OCS Agent. Consider a scenario where a numeric PI tag (eg. of type Float) had a period where it stored system Digital State values (eg. Bad Input) instead…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to support nested attributes in OCS Visualization

Whilst OCS' SDS supports storing structures that include nested attributes, OCS Trending currently doesn't support that functionality.

The workaround is to flatten the nested structure to a simple type, and get the OCS Trending to work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OCS Scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Raw data at full granularity for data scientists

Enable bulk data access to data scientists that includes the full granularity of recorded events.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PI to OCS - Automatic Agent Upgrade

Enable a more seamless upgrade experience for the PI to OCS Agent, the on-premises component required to transfer data to OCS.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Flatten nested streams

I would like to be able to use the Stream Views capabilities in OCS to be able to flatten nested streams.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Context & Data Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Reordering Traces in the Trend

I was adding data items from a fictional plant where they have equipment 1-9 and I wanted the order to reflect the name instead of the order I clicked to add to the trend.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The Cursor Table's Icon Can Be Confusing

In the lower pane of the workspace, the icon that is associated with the table doesn’t seem to “fit.” It has such a strong association with Google maps or a physical location. I think it might be better to use another icon. This is also where having tooltips would help.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Y-Axis Modes Aren't Self-Explanatory

There are three views of the traces. The “stacked” view where each trace is separately displayed is clear. But it isn’t obvious to me what the difference is between the other two views.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow RedirectURL to be free form. (currently restricted to only http schemed ones).

I'm building a mobile app to authenticate to OCS. Using OIDC Authentication, my app is expecting a Redirect URL of “host.exp.exponent”... but OCS won’t let me whitelist this Redirect URL, it tells me: “URL is invalid”.

The issue is that OCS appears to artificially restrict redirect URLs to only http schemed ones.

However, native app redirects are free form and not necessarily schemed. Lifting that restriction should solve the issue.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Spreadsheet to OCS Manual Data Entry

Provide a way to upload spreadsheet data to OCS. This is manually entered information, compiled manually from multiple sources.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. OMF endpoint URL not easy to find.

I think the OMF endpoint should be easier to find. I struggled with this for over half an hour trying to find the URL for my OMF endpoint.

Also, I might be wrong on this, but shouldn't the URL include the https:// as a prefix?

I used the OMF endpoint from OCS by using the "copy to clipboard" button, and pasted in my json configuration file for OSIsoft's Edge Data Store (EDS). The Result: I received an "error: Invalid Endpoint". The solution was to add the https:// in front of the url that I copy from OCS.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "+ Add Connection" Button Functionality.

I think the "Add Connection" button should prompt the user if they want to create a "OMF Type" or a "PI System" type connection.

This was confusing for me, since I didn't realize that the "Add Connection" button functionality is DIFFERENT based on weather I have the TYPE set to "OMF" vs "PI SYSTEM".

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED