OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display Sharing does not give access to raw data

When sharing information with a partner, the ability to share a display and the partner only gets access to the data through that display.

They do not get access to the raw data, only through the view that was shared with them.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Display Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share Asset / Element Relative Displays

Be able to share an asset / element relative display with a partner and have it work on the assets that are shared with them.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Workflow for managing Display states

Ability to have a workflow for managing the release state of Displays.

For example, Testing, Staging, Training, Production OR Dev, Test, Prod.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Onboard New Partners / Customers - Create Sub-Accounts our Customers

Have a way to provide our services to our partners / customers that don’t have an OSIsoft Cloud Services Account and easily onboard them with their own Accounts SO THAT we can expand our business to all our potential customers, not just those that have a relationship with OSIsoft.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Single Community Lead

As a company that shares data with it's partners, I need to explicitly control who can invite users from other Accounts into my Community SO THAT I can control access. In this model, I will invite all external users into the Community rather than a model where another 'trusted' partner is also a Lead in a Community.

This idea is in contrast to the 'Shared Community Lead' idea: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811/suggestions/19121905

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delay access to real time data

Delay access to real time data that we're sharing with a partner for a period (ex: hours, day) SO THAT I can comply with regulations around sensitive market data.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Community Driven Asset Templates

Enable a way for people across different companies to collaborate together with the goal of defining standard Asset Template structures for different types of assets (pumps, steam turbines, tanks, etc.) that can be published and used by all customers SO THAT Industrial Operators and Service Providers can easily to exchange operational data, consume service offerings, and enable future bench marking services.

Imagine publicly available Asset Templates developed through a model similar to Wikipedia.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Context & Data Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Map a Partner's Data into our Asset Structure / Model

As a company that receives shared data from our partners or customers, we need to map our partner's data from PI Systems (tags, assets, attributes) into our own Asset Structure / Model SO THAT we can easily run our calculations, visualizations, against the structure we have already built.

This also helps scale our product/service to many customers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Local Data Historian for embedding in Partner Applications

As a Partner that wants to focus on application logic instead of writing a database, I often receive manual data inputs, results of time-series calculations, and create predictive data sets that require persistence SO THAT our application can receive and publish data from OSIsoft and other sources without the overhead of managing a full stack of software.

Ideally this local historian would seamlessly integrate with our application without having to directly embed it (so upgrades are easy) - while also having a high affinity to Data Sharing behaviors in OSIsoft's Cloud Services (thus making it near zero configuration).

Some of…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Local Data Historian for Data Science

As a Data Scientist or Data Steward, I would like a local, zero configuration, in-memory ordered, columnar data storage instance that can take a subset of data from a Cloud Services Data Sharing Publication and persist it for local computing resource tasks SO THAT repetitive updates and changes to my data queries perform well, and also, give me a safe space to test several scenarios prior to publishing data back to Cloud Services.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. UOM Support in OCS Data Views

As a data scientist, I want to know the UOMs for the data I am accessing and analyzing so that I have a more complete understanding of the data.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Include Calculated Data in OCS Data Views

As a data scientist, I often want to include calculated features in addition to the stream property data. Examples include min, max, average, etc. calculated at the same frequency as the interpolated stream property values.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support Assets in OCS Data Views

Support creating data views utilizing assets instead of individual streams.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automated Creation of Stream Metadata from Stream Names with Delimeters

Ability to parse meaningful metadata from stream names to add context. Utilize the delimiters in a stream name to define a pattern for parsing metadata.
    Stream metadata enriches the sequential data, and is valuable to OCS users for data organization, easier finding of desired data, and richer analysis.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Context & Data Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Visualize Asset Status

Ability to Configure / map Asset status stream properties to Asset status colors (green / yellow / red) and View Asset status on Asset search results.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support Assets in OCS Trend

Support the concept of Assets within the OCS Trend. This includes searching for Assets and trending their attributes/properties.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Export Data in Trend Table

Ability to export the data in the table on the Trend page.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Better Relevance for Search Results with Multiple Search Terms

Better handling of search results from multiple search terms such as "Oakland Weather" or "Philadelphia Temperature". Sort search results by relevance so expected results are at the top of the results.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Trend Stream Property Search

Ability to search for stream properties in OCS Trends.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Multiple Trend Cursor Summary Calcs

Ability to see summary calculations / statistics (min/max/avg/duration) between successive trend cursor marker lines SO THAT a user can easily understand what happens during the cursor times.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED