OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When changing the startIndex, allow it to override the endIndex if you are changing it to a time ahead of the endIndex

Currently, in order to change your date range to a later date, you have to first change the endIndex, and then the startIndex. If you change the startIndex to a date later than the endIndex, it would be easier if it simply cleared the endIndex field for you

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in Communities

When I'm a member of a data sharing community, I see value in being able to view the names of community members from other Accounts SO THAT I know specifically who has access to our data and I can collaborate with my business partners in an easier way.

If PII was shared in a community, users would have the ability to opt out of this functionality.

Please capture any feedback, value prop, scenarios regarding PII sharing to this idea.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cascading Security Inheritance Down to Streams and other Objects in a Namespace

If a single namespace is being used to store data from multiple customers or sites, there needs to be a way to propagate security inheritance down to objects (streams, assets, etc.) within the namespace.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. App Support for Community Data Sharing

The ability to publish one app (such as a Power BI report, or custom web application) that gets used for multiple customers.

Customers should be able to log into the app using the OCS credentials from their Account (passed through to OCS), and get access to any data that's shared with them.

We don't want to publish the app for each customer individually. There might need to be a way to link an app into a Community that gives that app access to data shared in that community.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide a trending experience for data views

Including trend in the data view configuration tool will make it easier to explore and validate your data view configuration, and underlying data set

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Share Data Views Externally

Ability to share data view with an external business partner.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide Gauge Charts in OCS Visualization

It would be nice to provide a wide range of visualization panels like Multibar graph panels, Gauges, maps etc with more features to edit and visualize based on time and also metrics. Supports for other data sources with minimal efforts would also be great.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide Bar Charts in OCS Visualization

It would be nice to provide a wide range of visualization panels like Multibar graph panels, Gauges, maps etc with more features to edit and visualize based on time and also metrics. Supports for other data sources with minimal efforts would also be great.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto suggest SDS Type from Data JSON

As a developer quickly trying to store data in OCS I would like to be able to send the data JSON that will be coming and to be able to get a suggested SDS type based on this JSON data. I envision this is similar to paste special in VS where you get a class from a json object. I would expect as a user to be able to edit this (ideally from a nice GUI, but the JSON would be ok too)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Notify me when there is a problem with my PItoOCS agent or connection

As a PI System Administrator managing our OCS implementation I need to be notified when there is an important change in my PI to OCS software or the connection to OCS that will require me to intervene. I need a notification to tell me about any problems that are occurring. I also need to be able to configure the type of message I get alerts on. I need an alert when data stops transferring, or something critical needs my attention.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide Health overview for PItoOCS

As a PI System Administrator for a global company managing our OCS implementation, I need to understand when our PI to OCS connections are healthy or need attention so I can quickly determine where I need to focus effort to keep things running as expected.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PItoOCS installation should support Device Codes in addition to manual OCS login

As a PI System Administrator installing the PI to OCS agent, I need an alternate way to establish a secure connection instead of opening a web page and manually entering my credentials because our company bans java script or there is no web browser available on the machine. Because of this, I can never get the install kit to finish.

Currently for a user or client to log in, either a clientid/secret or interactive user log in with an Identity Provider must be used in order to obtain a access token. We would like to use a device code to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are planning to support device codes during the installation of PItoOCS so users can have an alternate method to authenticate and obtain a token from OCS, rather than having to manually log in.

13. Easier Experience for Editing Stream Types

Stream Types are not editable in OCS SDS by design but it's painful to have to recreate a new type and do your work all over again when you need to make a change or forgot something.

Please capture related scenarios you have around making changes to Stream Types here.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Charts & Tables to Asset Explorer

The ability to view data from assets in charts and tables within Asset Explorer

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Edit Unit of Measure (UOMs)

Within OCS, make it easier to edit the unit of measure (UOM) for streams.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Importing KML file Mapping Information

I have a KML file that has mapping information for my location it would be nice to be able to import this file and use it within the OCS platform.

Keyhole Markup Language (KML) is an XML notation for expressing geographic annotation and visualization within two-dimensional maps and three-dimensional Earth browsers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Statistical Process Control (SPC) / Statistical Quality Control (SQC) Symbol

Ability to visualize data on a SPC / SQC Chart in OSIsoft Cloud Services (OCS)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Auto Cursors Aren't Self-Explanatory

when clicking the line, it would be helpful to add a text to the max and min markers to denote what they are. I was confused as to why those two markers showed up. This would be consistent with the fact that the average line marker.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Zoom Functionality Isn't Intuitive

I was confused with the zoom button functionality. I was expecting that when having zoom activated and clicking on the screen would zoom in at a given rate around the time-stamp I clicked at, but it seems that it cancels the zoom. Clicking on a point and automatically zooming is a common behavior in many applications. Other users might expect the same. Right clicking is usually associated with zooming out. I was able to zoom in by clicking and dragging, but it took some getting used to.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Handling Replaced or Redeployed Devices

The ability for data generating devices in the field to be redeployed to new assets and have the data in OCS reflect this reality.

Scenarios:
    * Device 123 is capturing data from Asset A and redeployed to Asset B at this timestamp.

* Device 456 is capturing data from Asset A and is replaced with Device 789 at this timestamp for Asset A.

When looking at data for Asset A, it should reflect the history of all the data from the various devices.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Ingress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED