PI Cloud Connect

Welcome to the PI Cloud Connect feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve PI Cloud Connect?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Automatic sending of historical data (backfill) after communication

Be able to backfill data for a significant amount of time if there is a undetected or temporary uncorrectable network failure.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cannot use Office365 account to enable my PI Cloud Connect account

I cannot use my Office365 account to activate my PI Cloud Connect account, because it is a compliance issue in my company to use any other account but the Office365 account to activate this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Offer ability to select 'replace' write mode

PI Cloud Connect seems to use the insert write mode for all PI tags. When replace write mode is desired (for example, for laboratory data), this is possible on the publishing archive but not through PI Cloud Connect. This results in multiple values being written to a PI Point at the same timestamp. The ability to switch to the replace write mode for individual tags in PI Cloud Connect would improve the service.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PI Cloud Connect Update Lead Time

As a regulated customer, I need OSIsoft to give me advanced warning on changes to the service offering of up to 4 weeks SO THAT we can get our change controls pre-approved and ready before OSIsoft pushes their changes. OSIsoft needs to communicate what the hotfix is, what are the updates, what modules are affected.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. PI Cloud Connect Test Environment

As a regulated customer, I need the ability to test SaaS service updates on a test system before they are rolled into production SO THAT we can have confidence that the changes won't adversely impact our system and we can maintain validation compliance.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Handle PI Tag Data Type Changes

As a administrator, I would like PI tag data type changes (ex: string to Float64) to not cause data to stop streaming/updating for the tag SO THAT I don’t have to manage this situation manually every time it happens.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Subscriber Ability to control updates & deletes to data

As a subscriber to data, I would like to control updates & deletes to data changes SO THAT the original raw data sent to us from the publisher can remain even if it was deleted on the publisher side

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow entering proxy settings manually

PI Connect should auto-resolve the proxy settings, but then allow the administrator to either set them manually or update them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Send automatic e-mail notification about error status of data transfer

Problems as:
    - PI Cloud Connect node cannot connect to PI Data Archive,
    - Account/Password has been expired (service not running properly),
    - Publications not sending data,
    and so on. Would be reported to administrators automaticky.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Limit IP ranges on nodes

As a PI Cloud Connect user, I would like to screen receiving Vendors via their account, but by also by limiting connections to a specific IP or IP range for connections.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Extend the history recovery max period for PI Cloud Connect to longer than 30 days

Allow history recovery for PI Cloud Connect to be longer than the current max of 30 days

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support group managed service account with PI Cloud Connect agent

Allow administrators the ability to configure the PI Cloud Connect agent on-prem to configure a group managed service account (gMSA) for the Windows Service account.

Use of a gMSA reduces IT burden since the rotation of credentials with strong credentials is handled automatically. Furthermore, gMSAs generally improve security as they are hardened by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the Ability to Control the Time Period for Backfilling Publication Data

As a PI Cloud Connect user, I would like to be able to control the time period over which data is backfilled when I subscribe to a publication that has previously published data, so that I don't need to grab data over the entire time range if I don't need it. Often, backfilling all of the data for a publication can take quite a long time, and this feels meaningless if I don't even care to have the data for such a long period of time in the first place. If I could specify how far back I'd like data…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mark Edited/Deleted PI Cloud Connect Tags on Subscriber

As a PI Cloud Connect subscriber, I would like for PI tags that have been edited or deleted on the publisher end to be marked (renamed or otherwise) on my PI Server, so that I can tell when tags are no longer needed. This way, I can also determine if a tag is not updating because it has been edited/deleted, OR if the tag isn't updating because of a different issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PI Cloud Connect

Feedback and Knowledge Base