OSIsoft Learning

Welcome to the OSIsoft Learning content suggestion page. This forum is to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback related to our learning offerings such as In-person training, online courses, Conference Labs and OSIsoft Learning YouTube Channel.

Please share your most important learning suggestions on this page. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite ideas now. We welcome your feedback.

• Note: for any bugs related to VLE subscriptions, please report to OSIsoft Learning Team at learning@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.
To review the OSIsoft Learning offerings: https://learning.osisoft.com
One-page PI System Learning Infographic to share with your colleagues: OSIsoft PI System Learning
Have you visited our YouTube Channel? OSIsoft Learning YouTube

Supply some context to your request:

Topic How it helps
Background Any brief description that puts your idea in context
Goals/Examples How does this contribute to everyone’s success with the PI System?
Audience Appeal Who wants this?
Business Context Is this request specific to your business/industry?

How can we improve OSIsoft Learning material and services?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Is there a course that teaches how to create analyses with every function listed in PI AF?

Learn how to create analyses in PI AF using all the listed functions to understand what each of them do and calculate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Online Courses  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I wish to know how to only update the information on 1 page in a spreadsheet that has 31 pages in the workbook. I.e., 1 Page for each day.

I wish to know how to only update the information on 1 page in a spreadsheet that has 31 pages in the workbook. I.e., 1 Page for each day of the month. Each page collects information for 33 items every hour.
    Currently pressing Ctrl + Alt + Shift + F9 updates all 31 pages as well as any other spreadsheets I have open using PI & it takes a few minutes each time. I’m currently running a Macro for this.
    Also is there a way that these updates can be done automatically at around 5 minutes past the hour?
    Any…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When a KB is updated please add to the message what is added (updated)

I usually look at all KB updates in the site.
    But, i don"t know what has been added or updated in the KB !
    Please try to write what is new in the KB

Thank you
    Tal

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Emphasize the concept of 2+ trust in 'Configuring a Simple PI System' Online Course

The video "Configure Security for the PI Interface for OPC DA" in the 'Configuring a Simple PI System' course could benefit by reinforcing the fundamental concept of what a 2+ PI trust actually is at a second point in the video.

The first time I watched it, I missed the brief definition near the beginning, and then became rather lost later in the material, until I re-watched it from the beginning and stopped to consider this point. A simple on-screen speech bubble (perhaps at 6:25) clarifying this point would be helpful - the spoken material is ambiguous here and so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Additional videos on PI Point attributes for 'Configuring a Simple PI System'

I suggest some additional youtube video can be provided as reference for some in-depth session such as PI Point attributes

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  YouTube Learning Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Local online course facilitator for Asia Pacific customers

As a customer who is based in China, the time difference between me and the course facilitator in the United States is too long, resulting in opposite work hours. So when I had some questions raised in Discussion Forums, the response came in the next day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide hackathon style datasets for online course 'Building Asset Hierarchies with PI AF'

Need more rigorous testing mechanism if possible. Rather than using our own dataset which can be challenging at times with IT and security policies, hackathon style datasets and something useful out of it within 3 weeks could be a fantastic way to apply skills learned from the course!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Separate VMs for exercies & final project for the Configuring PI Data Archive Security online course

For Configuring PI Data Archive Security, possibly include a VM with a sandbox to do the final project and one to do the exercises.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show how to set up and use analysis templates in Enabling CBM online course

The final project includes setting up/using several analysis template types. How to accomplish this is not addressed in the video links provided in the course content. They are easy to locate but including them in the list of videos along with the other content would provide a student with a better sense of the amount of video content that was necessary to review to complete the course.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Logic behind multiple start triggers for EF, severity

Describe the logic behind�mulitple start triggers and severity when creating Event Frames in PI System Explorer

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  YouTube Learning Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Building PI System Assets and Analytics with PI AF: more industry specific exercises

The exercise given need to change the process that more relevant to the participant industry/interest. By doing this, participant can directly capture whch function tools are most suitable for their application at work place or daily routine jobs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Instructor-Led Classroom Training  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Partner Bootcamp: approach each topic with industry specific uses cases

More insight into the use cases in real life before explaining one topic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Instructor-Led Classroom Training  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED