Customer Portal & PI Square

Welcome to Customer Portal & PI Square feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on the OSIsoft Customer Portal, Partner Portal, and PI Square Online Community. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas. All of the feedback you share on this forum is monitored and managed by OSIsoft Customer Success team.  

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through the Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through the Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add SSO username to profile

Add a section to the customer profile with their SSO username so they know how to log onto FTP

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TELL US MORE  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option for Admin User to be copied on all case interaction e-mails

As an Admin User, I would like to be able to opt in to being cced on all case interaction e-mails for any cases for my sites. That way I can be aware of the issues my team is facing as the case interactions occur.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Access Customer Portal with customer SSO authentication

My customer would like to be able to access the OSISoft Customer portal using THEIR SSO infrastructure. This saves the user having to sync passwords, and also mean that the password policy of the end-user is applied. Preferably a user would be entered into a user group in the customer domain, and that would mirror OSIsoft customer portal access.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Permit users to have different access levels at different sites

Currently the Admin from one company site can add a user from a different company site at a lower level, and the level is propagated across all sites. The user may be an admin at Site A, but if added as a Super user at Site B, the admin level access at Site A is downgraded. Unfortunately since there is only one Global access level per user, this user must either be Admin everywhere or Super User.

Ideally each user needs access levels for each site.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make default Customer Portal site configurable

When your organization has many sites, it would be helpful if you could pick which one would be selected by default in the customer portal. This would save a lot of time when either downloading products or entering Tech Support requests.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Attach my site's architecture diagram

I'd like to be able to attach my site's architecture diagram via the customer portal. This would allow me to avoid having to re-explain my architecture every time I call into Tech Support and speak with a new support engineer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. make page content expand to the full width of the browser

that can also give us more characters in the feed

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Increase the spacing between the tabs

Currently, each tab is separated by a 2-space gap. This is not enough to distinguish the tabs at a glance and makes it difficult to recognize the boundary of any tab, which slows the user experience. Please make the gap size adapt to the window width. Set a minimum and maximum gap size and let the tabs get close only when there is not enough room.

Home Products Cases Services Success Objectives Quotes Reports Contact Us Quick Links

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Drop support for TLS 1.1 and weak cipher suites on customers.osisoft.com

This change will improve the security of the website and will improve the Protocol Support score of the website on the SSL Server Test.
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=customers.osisoft.com

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

PLANNED  ·  2 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More clearly differentiate Deactivated users on My Team page

Currently the Active status slider on the My Team page is greyed out for one of three reasons:
    1) The user has been deactivated
    2) You do not have permissions to deactivate the user
    3) The user is yourself (so that you do not accidentally remove yourself)

It would be nice if deactivated users were more clearly differentiated, perhaps in white instead of grey.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Test your changes before put them online

i lost my access and as such i cannot opencase or read a lb.

Nice work:((

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show more than the last three "Recently updated ideas" on the User Feedback home page

The front page of the User Feedback homepage only shows the last three most recently updated ideas. Quite often more than three changes are made at once. Those are invisible (unless you get a notification because you voted for an idea or similar).

There's space for more than three ideas. In fact, it would be nice to have a page that lists all updates.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Feedback has any value?

We are giving feedback on various products and services.
    Customer portal is the most frustrating one.

Voted on numerous items but I see no value because there is no progress.

Is there a place where OSIsoft can post what they are improving/improved based on the feedback here?
    If there is no such thing then I see no value giving feedback.
    Transparency is missing?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include the Article Number in the KCS name

Include the Article Number in the KCS name. Referring to the KCS articles by their long titles can be confusing. Much easier to reference a KCS number or KB number.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Admin action distributed to multiple admins

My sites typically have multiple admins, who are responsible for adding / removing / updating user lists. It would be great if there was a way to queue or distribute admin actions for a site across all the admins for that site. Example, a new user calls technical support and a case is opened for an admin to add them as a user, it would be great if that was shared across the admins and not specific to one admin, as that admin may not be available.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a space between the first name and last name in the description of migrated cases

In migrated cases, the description appears as:
    Note: This case has been opened by the following person - KennethBarber

There should be a space between the first name and the last name.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Quickly add fellow admins for many, many sites

I administrate many sites. I need a way to quickly add a fellow admin that matches my own view and access.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a warning before creating a Tech Support Case post with an automatic link.

After typing a URL into a post in a Tech Support case, a link is automatically added to the post. This link remains even after the URL is deleted from the post.

As a Customer Portal user, I would like a warning that an automatic link will be added to my post.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make posts on Tech Support cases editable

As a Customer Portal user, I would like to be able to modify my posts on Tech Support cases so that I can easily add information to an existing post or remove information that was included by mistake (for example, sensitive machine information).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expand Truncated Fields

Customer often comes across truncated fields with no way to read the entire field which sometimes has a version on the hidden end. Wondering if fields could be resizable or resize window width.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED