Customer Portal & PI Square

Welcome to Customer Portal & PI Square feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on the OSIsoft Customer Portal, Partner Portal, and PI Square Online Community. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas. All of the feedback you share on this forum is monitored and managed by OSIsoft Customer Success team.  

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through the Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through the Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow inline posting of images

Just like it was possible with the Jive platform, supporting in-line pasting of images is very important both in 'Questions' and blog posts.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better support for tables in blog posts

Tables are a great way to organize information and I've used them in nearly every blog post. However, on the new PI Square, tables must be copied and pasted from elsewhere (e.g. Excel) and they lose all borders, hyperlinks, and cell fill colours. Content within the table can be edited, but if the author wants to insert, delete, or rearrange any rows or columns, they must make these changes elsewhere and then replace the table in the blog post.

Basically, it is impractical to use tables, which greatly limits the types of blog posts that can be written. Please have…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can we please also get Syntax Highlighting for blog posts?

I was under the impression that Syntax Highlighting is a general feature and now learn that blog posts don't have it because "blog" is an adopted child.
    Can we please treat "blog" like the rest of the family?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better use of white space on PI Square

The PI Square feed appears to be portrait formatted, leaving a lot of white space left and right hand side, especially when using a wide screen monitor. As a result we often see undesired line breaks killing our attempts to create nice looking posts.
    PI Square should recognize the amount of horizontal pixels available and make use of them. Attached screenshot illustrates the problem.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When viewing a question on its own page, expand long comments by default

Currently, from the home page, we can view questions on a separate page by clicking on the time that the question was posted. When we do this, I feel that long comments should be expanded by default. That is, we should never see the option to "Expand Post". The option to show "More answers" when there are many comments is fine, though.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide a chronological timeline of releases that goes back at least 2 years.

I was reviewing one of OSI's newsletter articles published earlier this year with a colleague. It said:

"On April 14th, OSIsoft released several patches and PI System component upgrades that are available for download now. The focus of these releases is to improve the reliability and security of our products. In addition to bug fixes, these releases contain security enhancements to: ..."

That's all well and good, but when I went to the OSI website to check which products contained those bug fixes, and which needed to be updated, I had a lot of trouble getting to that information. The…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cannot view badges

On my own profile, when I click on "View All" under "Recognition Badges", I cannot view my earned badges, but I can view my unearned mission badges (I'm also not sure why one specifies "mission" and the other doesn't). Similarly, when I go to someone else's profile and click on "View All" under "Recognition Badges", I cannot see any badges. Please fix this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable compact view for lists of discussions (e.g., Recent Activity, Unanswered Questions, My Feed)

When viewing a list of posts (e.g., Recent Activity on the Home page), each entry shows the title plus a block of text plus tags plus response buttons making for a lot of scrolling. Is there a way to collapse this to a more compact list view similar to the old PI Square front page? The more compact view makes it easier to quickly peruse the list for items of interest.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Combine Pi Square and Pi User Feedback\Idea sites

I work with a lot of different software companies and their accompanying user community forums\idea sites. Most of the time these sites are one and the same and allows for "one stop shopping". Currently, OsiSoft uses a separate platform for ideas\user requests. It would be a better end user experience if Pi Square and OsiSofts idea sites were combined.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Explain the difference between each type of blog post audience

When you write a blog post on the new PI Square, you are presented with these options in the "Audience" dropdown menu:
    • All
    • Authenticated User
    • Community
    • Customer
    • Internal

However, it is not clear what each option means. Please make this clearer. Additionally, they are currently listed in alphabetical order, but they should instead be listed in order of privacy.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable links to specific comments in a discussion

In the old PI Square, there were direct links to each post in discussion thread, which was handy for (at least) the following three use cases:
    1. Alerts (email or on the site) for new posts on a discussion took you directly to the new post.
    2. Alerts (email or on the site) that you were @mentioned in a post took you directly to that post.
    3. Ability to reference a particular post that contains the information of interest (e.g., sending a link to customer or coworker to help with a particular issue).
    The three use cases above are particularly…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Be able to hide the "Getting Started with the Community" pane

This pane appears on a person's own profile and is needed only when the person is new to the new PI Square. After that, it is a waste of visual space. Arguably, if the pane never existed, I think that users learn just fine on their own how to use the new website.

Please give us the option to hide the "Getting Started with the Community" pane.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix LiveLibrary Site

The LiveLibrary site https://livelibrary.osisoft.com/ often hangs with a spinning cursor and requires multiple refreshes to load a page. The browser used doesn't seem to matter.

This is a longstanding problem. Please fix.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Expose Known Issue (also known as Bug or Work Item) number on the Customer Portal

As a customer, I would like to be able to see the Work Item Number from the Release Notes on the corresponding Customer Portal Known Issue article so that I can read more detailed information on it to determine whether to upgrade.

Currently it is possible to search on the Customer Portal for the Work Item Number from the Release Notes and find the corresponding Known Issue article, but since the Work Item Number is not a visible field on the article itself it is not clear whether I am looking at the correct article.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show more than the last three "Recently updated ideas" on the User Feedback home page

The front page of the User Feedback homepage only shows the last three most recently updated ideas. Quite often more than three changes are made at once. Those are invisible (unless you get a notification because you voted for an idea or similar).

There's space for more than three ideas. In fact, it would be nice to have a page that lists all updates.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Restore who replied to who for the comments of migrated blog posts

In both the old and new PI Squares, you can reply to comments. However, when the blog posts were migrated to the new PI Square, all comments become comments of the blog post directly, even if they were replies to other comments, which makes them difficult to read because we've lost the context of what each comment is in response to.

Please restore the "hierarchy" of comments so that the comments still make sense.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. make PISquare new interface readable

currently posts are impossible to read.
    1. can't find the right answer (the first one liste generally is not the first one)
    2. seems like some answers are missing (someone is answearing to someone's answer that's not there)
    3. 4th level answers width is so small that long answers are impossible to read.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Notify affected users when a Known Issue (bug) is resolved

As a customer, I would like to be notified when a Known Issue (bug) that affects me is resolved so that I can assess whether to upgrade.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tell the user when their blog post is too long

Currently, if you try to save or publish a very long blog post, the "Save"/"Schedule Post"/"Publish Now" button won't do anything. Instead, when the button is clicked, an error message should appear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED