Customer Portal & PI Square

Welcome to Customer Portal & PI Square feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on the OSIsoft Customer Portal, Partner Portal, and PI Square Online Community. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas. All of the feedback you share on this forum is monitored and managed by OSIsoft Customer Success team.  

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through the Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through the Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I can't access Customer Portal

Always i get this message "You do not have access to this page.

" when I'm trying to login to Customer Portal or myOSIsoft.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Users to have the ability to have different profiles for different sites.

I would like to have an Admin for a different site be added as a download user to my site currently it is not possible to have multiple profiles for different sites.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Collaborative Behaviour - Service Request

At the moment there's no possibility to modify a service requested by the customer from the portal like updating the description or request cancelling. The whole management has to be done via email instead of directly in the portal. On the other hand, a chatter is missing to work in a collaborative way between CSM and customer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show more than the last three "Recently updated ideas" on the User Feedback home page

The front page of the User Feedback homepage only shows the last three most recently updated ideas. Quite often more than three changes are made at once. Those are invisible (unless you get a notification because you voted for an idea or similar).

There's space for more than three ideas. In fact, it would be nice to have a page that lists all updates.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a warning before creating a Tech Support Case post with an automatic link.

After typing a URL into a post in a Tech Support case, a link is automatically added to the post. This link remains even after the URL is deleted from the post.

As a Customer Portal user, I would like a warning that an automatic link will be added to my post.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make posts on Tech Support cases editable

As a Customer Portal user, I would like to be able to modify my posts on Tech Support cases so that I can easily add information to an existing post or remove information that was included by mistake (for example, sensitive machine information).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Access Customer Portal with customer SSO authentication

My customer would like to be able to access the OSISoft Customer portal using THEIR SSO infrastructure. This saves the user having to sync passwords, and also mean that the password policy of the end-user is applied. Preferably a user would be entered into a user group in the customer domain, and that would mirror OSIsoft customer portal access.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Expand Truncated Fields

Customer often comes across truncated fields with no way to read the entire field which sometimes has a version on the hidden end. Wondering if fields could be resizable or resize window width.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide a chronological timeline of releases that goes back at least 2 years.

I was reviewing one of OSI's newsletter articles published earlier this year with a colleague. It said:

"On April 14th, OSIsoft released several patches and PI System component upgrades that are available for download now. The focus of these releases is to improve the reliability and security of our products. In addition to bug fixes, these releases contain security enhancements to: ..."

That's all well and good, but when I went to the OSI website to check which products contained those bug fixes, and which needed to be updated, I had a lot of trouble getting to that information. The…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. sort sites alphabetically by site name

Customer has many sites (over 60). The dropdown is not intuitive as the legal name is not constant (and not editable), and the list is sorted by alphabet on the legal name. Can we provide the ability to be able to sort sites alphabetically by site name instead of by legal affiliate name in the customer portal? (and other sorts would be nice to have as well)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add support for TLS 1.3

Please add support for TLS 1.3 to customers.osisoft.com so that it loads more quickly and more securely. The home page is already very slow to load. Need every speed boost that we can get.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow user to export user configurations from My Teams page to a file

As an Admin User, I would like to be able to export a list of all users under the My Teams section of the Customer Portal with information including the user's name, e-mail address, profile, active status, and the sites with which they are associated so that I can better administer my organization's myOSIsoft user base.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Product Release notes public so IT can see what's changed before installation

"Make product release notes public so that when IT Dept is assessing whether to install updates we can see what has changed. Now I have to chase other parties to get them to login and then send me release notes to review."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "My NOC Cases" should show any NOC cases at sites for which I am a NOC Contact

As a user who is a NOC Contact, under "My NOC Cases" I would like to see NOC cases for any site for which I am a NOC Contact regardless of whether I am specified as the primary contact on the case. This is so that I can keep track of any NOC cases only at the sites for which I am a NOC Contact (not at sites with which I am associated but am not a NOC Contact) to ensure they are being handled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow all NOC contacts to receive all updates for NOC cases at their site

As a NOC Contact for my site, I would like to receive all case updates for all NOC cases at my site regardless of whether another NOC Contact has already responded. This is so that I can follow the case and ensure that it is being handled. Currently I have to look on the Portal to see whether a specific contact has been assigned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Feedback has any value?

We are giving feedback on various products and services.
    Customer portal is the most frustrating one.

Voted on numerous items but I see no value because there is no progress.

Is there a place where OSIsoft can post what they are improving/improved based on the feedback here?
    If there is no such thing then I see no value giving feedback.
    Transparency is missing?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Report of training who took what training in my organization (Training metrics)

My customers would like to see who took the online or classroom training from OSIsoft within thier organization. It will help track the training status and requirements.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring back the online Hardware and PI System Sizing recommendations web page

Bring back the online Hardware Sizing Tool (HWST) that was popular with customers and OSIsoft employees. Although a downloadable spreadsheet is available here: https://customers.osisoft.com/s/productcontent?id=a7R1I000000Xz7KUAS the online version was more accessible and easier to use.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. link to "myOsiSoft" and feedback page

The link to "myOsiSoft" site, on support page its not obvious or easy to find/remember.

The same with the Feedback page link.
    Had to heard from someone else that the page exists and search a lot to find the link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve general user friendliness

Sharing input by my customer ElecGas - Pego site (Rita Tavares):

. the new site is not very user friendly on searching for products to download. It shows a very small window with the information, and it’s not easy to scroll down. And, each time with see anything in detail, on going back, it loses focus and goes to the beginning of everything.
    In fact, the old site, regarding products list and downloads had a much better design, with the possibility of filtering by product or “family”, or by the executables or documents.
    And with the chance to see the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED