Customer Portal & PI Square

Welcome to Customer Portal & PI Square feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on the OSIsoft Customer Portal, Partner Portal, and PI Square Online Community. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas. All of the feedback you share on this forum is monitored and managed by OSIsoft Customer Success team.  

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through the Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through the Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for TLS 1.3

Please add support for TLS 1.3 to PI Square so that it loads more quickly and more securely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for HTTP/2

Please add support for HTTP/2 so that PI Square loads faster. This is especially important for mobile devices.

HTTP/2 check:
    https://http2.pro/check?url=https%3A//pisquare.osisoft.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Minify PI Square's HTML, CSS, and JavaScript code

This will reduce the size of the files needed to load PI Square, which reduces network traffic and reduces page load times. This is especially important for mobile devices.

To be clear, to avoid the extra processing time of a separate minification step, the generated code should be minified to begin with. That is, minification should not be a separate step.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change the placeholder text and its behaviour when inserting a link in a comment

Currently, when you go to insert a link in a comment, the text http:// is already entered. Since I usually enter links by pasting them from the clipboard, I highlight this placeholder text in preparation to delete it, but if I drag my cursor outside of the "Link URL" bubble and let go of my click, the bubble disappears. Also, the placeholder text reinforces poor security practices since any traffic to link that begins with http:// will not be encrypted.

To avoid all of this, please consider changing the placeholder text to https://example.com/ and make the placeholder text disappear when…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a warning before creating a Tech Support Case post with an automatic link.

After typing a URL into a post in a Tech Support case, a link is automatically added to the post. This link remains even after the URL is deleted from the post.

As a Customer Portal user, I would like a warning that an automatic link will be added to my post.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make posts on Tech Support cases editable

As a Customer Portal user, I would like to be able to modify my posts on Tech Support cases so that I can easily add information to an existing post or remove information that was included by mistake (for example, sensitive machine information).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to cancel comments

Whether you start a comment on a post or start a reply to another comment, the box that lets you write the comment won't disappear until you either post the comment or reload the page. Please add a "Cancel" button for comments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When viewing a question on its own page, expand long comments by default

Currently, from the home page, we can view questions on a separate page by clicking on the time that the question was posted. When we do this, I feel that long comments should be expanded by default. That is, we should never see the option to "Expand Post". The option to show "More answers" when there are many comments is fine, though.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a scroll bar to the "Select Topics" dropdown menu when creating a blog post

https://pisquare.osisoft.com/s/create-blogs
    Currently, when you click on the "Select Topics" dropdown menu, all options are shown and you must scroll down the page to see them all. I feel that it would be better to have a scroll bar on the dropdown menu instead.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. On the Topics page, label deprecated PI programs and features as such

This should help remind users that they should not be using these programs and features. Appending "(deprecated)" to the end of these topics should suffice.

The topics for deprecated PI programs and features are:
    • Performance Equations
    • Totalizers
    • PI ACE
    • PI ProcessBook

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Correct the spelling mistakes on the Topics page

https://pisquare.osisoft.com/s/topiccatalog, under the "Products" section
    "PI interface" should be "PI Interface".
    "PI Datalink" should be "PI DataLink".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Switch back to the old PI Square until the new PI Square is sufficiently improved

The feedback for the new PI Square has been overwhelmingly negative (see the link below), and rightfully so. The excessive simplicity and minimalism of the new PI Square makes it hard to use and to look at. One of the comments from a moderator suggests that the new PI Square isn't even finished yet. Quality control got pushed aside in favour of agile development.
    https://pisquare.osisoft.com/s/feed/0D51I00004cocT2SAI

Also, many parts of the migration didn't work out so well, such as comment trees being flattened, long blog posts being truncated, and attachments being lost. Too much has gone wrong so far.

Before the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow inline posting of images

Just like it was possible with the Jive platform, supporting in-line pasting of images is very important both in 'Questions' and blog posts.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change "Receiving" to "Receive" on https://pisquare.osisoft.com/s/about

"Receiving a comment" should be changed to "Receive a comment" so that the verb tense is consistent with that of the other verbs (i.e. imperative instead of present participle).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Revise the text of the Partner Prospect Registration page

https://pages.osisoft.com/partner-prospect-registration.html

There are a few too many mistakes on this page:
    • "your organizations interest"
    • "a joint value proposition strategy start your membership" (Keep calm and run on.)
    • "If your organization is already an OSIsoft partner and you need access to the OSIsoft Partner Portal." (If this is a complete sentence?)
    • It wouldn't hurt to add a comma in "partner please".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Access Customer Portal with customer SSO authentication

My customer would like to be able to access the OSISoft Customer portal using THEIR SSO infrastructure. This saves the user having to sync passwords, and also mean that the password policy of the end-user is applied. Preferably a user would be entered into a user group in the customer domain, and that would mirror OSIsoft customer portal access.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Update and standardize the icon of install kits

The attached image shows the icons for 2 install kits. Most install kits use the top icon, and, to my knowledge, only PI System Management Tools uses the bottom icon.

The top icon uses the correct OSIsoft logo but has a border around the logo and does not use anti-aliasing. The bottom icon uses a lighter shade of blue for the OSIsoft logo but is borderless and uses anti-aliasing to smooth the edges of the OSIsoft logo. Both icons also use different shield icons.

For all install kits, please use a single borderless icon that uses anti-aliasing and the correct…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED