Customer Portal & PI Square

Welcome to Customer Portal & PI Square feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on the OSIsoft Customer Portal, Partner Portal, and PI Square Online Community. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas. All of the feedback you share on this forum is monitored and managed by OSIsoft Customer Success team.  

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through the Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through the Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Download page should be easier to access

It's rather convoluted to get to the downloads page. It would be much more user friendly if we could get there in fewer clicks. For example, other software companies have their download page accessible in 2 clicks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Permit users to have different access levels at different sites

Currently the Admin from one company site can add a user from a different company site at a lower level, and the level is propagated across all sites. The user may be an admin at Site A, but if added as a Super user at Site B, the admin level access at Site A is downgraded. Unfortunately since there is only one Global access level per user, this user must either be Admin everywhere or Super User.

Ideally each user needs access levels for each site.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include the Article Number in the KCS name

Include the Article Number in the KCS name. Referring to the KCS articles by their long titles can be confusing. Much easier to reference a KCS number or KB number.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Filing an EA Tech Support case for a specific site

Since EA software licenses are managed on the EA virtual site, they are losing the ability to track cases filed against products as well as a site or sites. They would like to be able to track these items against both, as well as filter against both.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the pop-up screen for uploading the MSF file for license generation larger or include a scroll down button

When generating a PI license file on the customer portal, a pop-up screen is presented for uploading the MSF file. When the pop-up screen opens it cuts off before you see where to upload the MSF file. Include a scroll function on the side bar so customers can expand the pop-up screen and see where to upload the MSF file or make the pop screen larger.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Admin action distributed to multiple admins

My sites typically have multiple admins, who are responsible for adding / removing / updating user lists. It would be great if there was a way to queue or distribute admin actions for a site across all the admins for that site. Example, a new user calls technical support and a case is opened for an admin to add them as a user, it would be great if that was shared across the admins and not specific to one admin, as that admin may not be available.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add hyperlink to "case link" on emails on TS cases.

When a customer gets an email related to a support case, there is a case link in the email, however that case link is not a hyperlink and the customer needs to copy and paste it into a browser. It would be nice if this was a hyperlink to direct the customer to the case page of the customer portal.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide more information in Customer quotes for services and related expenses

The quotes provided for T&L related to onsite services are too generic. It is difficult to tell the difference among a set of quotes which leads to confusion when matching POs against them. It would also be helpful to have more information on the quote to justify the PO.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a space between the first name and last name in the description of migrated cases

In migrated cases, the description appears as:
    Note: This case has been opened by the following person - KennethBarber

There should be a space between the first name and the last name.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Easy access to quotes.

I have to submit POs before I can download the quote shown in the window. Can this be more intuitive?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Quickly add fellow admins for many, many sites

I administrate many sites. I need a way to quickly add a fellow admin that matches my own view and access.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Consistent version naming of PI programs

PI Interfaces, PI Connectors, and other PI programs that are infrequently updated (e.g. PI Interface Configuration Utility, PI Diagnostics, Machine Signature File Generator) currently use the #.#.#.# version naming convention, while the other PI programs are named after the year, release number, and service pack number (e.g. 2017 R2 SP1).

My suggestion is to reserve the #.#.#.# format for internal use and only expose the customer to the "year R# SP#" format, which is easier to read, recite, and remember compared to the #.#.#.# format.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow attachments in blog posts

The closest thing to an attachment that blog posts have is the ability to upload a single featured photo. The current workaround is to attach the attachment in a comment on the blog post or upload the file to the cloud and link to it. Attachments are especially important for blog posts that center around sharing some useful file(s) (e.g. scripts, spreadsheets). Please allow us to add attachments to blog posts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Wrap long blog post titles

Currently, if you are viewing a blog post that has a long title, the part of the title that does not fit on the title line will be replaced with "…". Instead, please wrap the part that does not fit onto a new line. Blog post titles have a character limit, so you don't need to worry about a title spanning too many lines.

An example of a blog post with a long title:
    https://pisquare.osisoft.com/s/Blog-Detail/a8r1I000000GvmiQAC/general-guidance-when-updating-a-manual-data-entry-custom-symbol-for-pi-vision-2

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Be able to add alt text to images

This is important for users that rely on screen readers. Alt text not only allows these users to experience the image through its description, but it also hides the description from those that can clearly see the image.

The old PI Square had good support for alt text. Please add support for alt text to the new PI Square.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notify users when they receive a message

Notification upon receipt of a message has been standard since at least the says of raising a flag on a mailbox, but PI Square doesn't do this. You need to either look at the "Recent Messages" section of your profile or click on your picture in the top right corner and go to "My Messages".

Within PI Square, please notify users when they receive a message from someone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove the exclamation mark beside your rank on the Topics leaderboard

On the page of any topic (topics are listed here: https://pisquare.osisoft.com/s/topiccatalog), you can see your rank at the bottom of the leaderboard in the format "Your rank: 51!".

This can trip up the math and computer science nerds, who will initially read "51!" as "51 factorial" and then realize that the "!" just signifies excitement. To the less nerdy, the "!" doesn't add much value, so overall, the "!" hurts more than it helps. For greater clarity, please remove the "!".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notify users when someone replies to their comment

So far, I've gotten notifications whenever someone mentions me or whenever someone comments on one of my questions, whether the comment is directly in response to the question or a reply to another comment.

However, I don't get a notification when someone replies to my comment on someone else's question without mentioning me. Please send a notification in this case. It is better to slightly over-notify than to slightly under-notify, since it is much faster to dismiss an unimportant notification than to check whether a particular post has been replied to or not.

Also, if such a comment mentions me,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to view who liked a blog post

You can view who upvoted a reply to a question or liked a comment on a blog post, but you cannot view who liked a blog post.

In the first 2 cases, the upvote/like counter is separate from the button that lets you upvote/like, and you can click on the counter to view who upvoted/liked the reply/comment.

However, for blog posts, the like counter is part of the like button. Please separate the like counter from the like button so that we can click on the like counter to view who liked a blog post. This will also make the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to mention people with @ in blog posts

The @ mentions currently work only in comments but not in blog posts. Please make them work in blog posts as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED