Customer Portal & PI Square

Welcome to Customer Portal & PI Square feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on the OSIsoft Customer Portal, Partner Portal, and PI Square Online Community. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas. All of the feedback you share on this forum is monitored and managed by OSIsoft Customer Success team.  

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through the Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through the Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notify affected users when a Known Issue (bug) is resolved

As a customer, I would like to be notified when a Known Issue (bug) that affects me is resolved so that I can assess whether to upgrade.

13 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include the article title in the web page title

Currently, the title of the web page of any KB article is "Knowledge". Anyone that bookmarks the link needs to rename the bookmark to include the title of the article. Please save the user some time and have the article title in the web page title like how it was before the myOSIsoft days.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I need to see security bulletins pushed to my immediate attention

As a security aware customer, it is critical that I receive proactive alerts about OSIsoft security bulletins. It is suboptimal for me to subscribe to alerts in the portal, and then search for the alerts periodically in a rolling feed that could have hundreds of non-alert related items. Please strongly consider letting me sign-up for proactive timely email alerts, an RSS feed or some function that saves time to get these security alerts to me so that I can protect my critical infrastructure.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add "This affects me" button to Known Issue (bug) articles

As a customer, I would like to be able to indicate that a particular Known Issue (bug) affects me so that OSIsoft can properly assess the impact of it.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Expose Known Issue (also known as Bug or Work Item) number on the Customer Portal

As a customer, I would like to be able to see the Work Item Number from the Release Notes on the corresponding Customer Portal Known Issue article so that I can read more detailed information on it to determine whether to upgrade.

Currently it is possible to search on the Customer Portal for the Work Item Number from the Release Notes and find the corresponding Known Issue article, but since the Work Item Number is not a visible field on the article itself it is not clear whether I am looking at the correct article.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide a 'virtual cabinet' for users to store favorite KB articles

Documentation is great and Tech Support exceeds our expectations. I would like to suggest to create a 'virtual cabinet' where the user (me) could save its favorites or most use KB Articles or manuals for references, I think it would facilitate our troubleshooting for us.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show votes on the latest article version on customer portal

Right now, the vote numbers on articles are cumulative; they show all of the votes the article has received over the life of the article.

As a result, if there is a problem with an article, say a broken link, then it will get a lot of negative votes. If we fix the problem, then it will still have a lot of negative votes.

If someone sees an article with a lot of negative votes, they will think there is a problem with the article, and they won't trust it.

Instead, the article should show the positive and negative votes…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow following articles to see when it is validated or has been updated

Need to ability to subscribe for updates to the article for when a fix has been found/validated - get notifications on bug status, as well as any available workarounds.
    This is especially important for non-validated articles

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Write a KB article that shows the succession of products

OSIsoft has made many products over the years, and many of those products have been deprecated and/or succeeded. The deprecation/succession documentation is currently scattered.

Based on personal experience, this is extremely confusing for someone new to the PI system. Some newbies might set up a PI system using older products, only to learn later that they should have never used those products and that they should migrate to a newer product. The more cautious newbies will be confused as to why so many products overlap in function, and each one will need to do their own research to find out…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide a way to show what has updated in a KB article

I usually look at all KB updates in the site. But, I don't know what has been added or updated in the KB! Please try to write or show what is new in the KB.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Move known issues out of My feed and as a separate item under Quick Links

Turning on known issues for My Feed is an utter fail. Just provide it as a quick link and add filters by product

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Write a KB article that explains confusing PI terms

OSIsoft uses many synonyms and similar-sounding terms. This can get confusing, especially for beginners. Please write a KB article outlining some of these confusing terms.

For example:
    • Archived = historized = stored/saved in PI
    • Backfill = backdate = perform history recovery
    • "PI Point" and "tag" are often used interchangeably because each PI Point has a tag attribute that uniquely identifies it
    • "Event" is used in 2 different ways: the combination of timestamp and value that is saved to a PI Point, and a real-life occurrence corresponding to an Event Frame
    • A PI Integrator is a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED