myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

How can we improve myOSIsoft?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Reformat software download search

To download software, you must currently select the correct site, scroll through a list of licenses, and then click on the correct license package (ie - PI System Access, PI Infrastructure, PI Standards Interfaces). This then opens a second search bar to find a particular product.

Can this be streamlined as a single search similar to the previous Tech Support website?

62 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow third party users to be associated with multiple companies without needing unique emails

Many of our systems integrator partners serve large portfolios of customers. If an engineer from a system integrator company wants access to their 30 customers portals, they must create 30 individual unique email addresses and manage 30 different SSO accounts. Can we utilize a different unique identifier outside of an email address?

49 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the new user Portal - USER FRIENDLY. make it easy to find a download.

Make the new user Portal - USER FRIENDLY. make it easy to find a download. You need to retain some of the functionality that was in the old portal.

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow to attach files when opening a new case

As a customer I would like to be able to attach images, logs and all relevant information on the moment that I create a case. Today when a customer creates a new case he is able only to write text on the Case Form. And only after that he is able to attach files using a new post on the case or on the Attachments tab.

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Resize columns

Some fileds have more characters than shown on the portal. It would be good if that could resize automatically or at least give the user a way to manually adapt the size

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Permit me to delete users that are no longer with my company.

I'm an adminstrator. I have many users that have left the company. Can I clean up my view by deleting them, and not just deactivating them?

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show me a feed of recent alerts and releases

Each month I have to show that there aren’t any alerts or releases that affect our products. Can you show me a list of recent alerts or releases or patches?

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. My Feed on the Customer Portal Home Page does not show enough characters in the title of items

As a Customer Portal User I need to be able to see more of the title of the alerts and other items subscribed to in my Feed to be able to easily discern the importance or relevance of the listing.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to change Case type: TechSupport vs NOC

Ability to change the Case type. Sometimes the case created is not under the right category. Customer should be able to change that field to locate the case in the right group: TechSupport or NOC

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Permit hiding deactivated users

As an Admin User, I would like to the ability to filter the users on the My Team page to not display Deactivated users unless I explicitly select to show them. Otherwise my list of users will become hard to manage, and currently the only workaround is to click the Active column header to sort by Active status.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sort sites alphabetically

Sort my sites in dropdowns so I can quickly find them (alphabetically).

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Broken links from PI Square to be corrected

In PI Square there are lot of techsupport links to knowledgebase, downloads and other articles. A proper redirection to be applied for those to sustain the hyperlinks

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Generic access to Customer Portal until user added to site

We need the ability for a user to gain generic access to the Customer Portal until they are added to a specific site. We have users who create an SSO themselves but can't submit a case until they get added to a site (generic No Access received).

Beyond the generic access, a report or admin notification that an SSO exists for your company [@company.com] but does not have a site associated would be helpful to map them appropriately.

Right now we have users trying to get help but they get "stuck" and we don't know that they have tried to…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow me to label my PI Servers so I can identify them fast

Permit me to label my PI Servers with a user friendly name.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow option to opt-in to e-mail notifications when my case is updated via posts

When someone posts to my case (as opposed to sending an e-mail response), I would like to opt in to receiving an e-mail notification so that I do not miss any updates.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Highlight expired licenses

To create a case or download software, you must pick a specific license. It is currently not clear from the Products Page or the Technical Case Creation page which licenses have expired SRP. It would be nice to have a visual indicator of the SRP status of each license

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Error E101 message should explain that third party unique email is required

Error 101 should clearly explain that a unique third party email is required when inviting a consultant as a team member.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Right click to open a new tab

It would be good if we could use the right click to open new tabs in case you need to check different cases for example

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include the article title in the web page title

Currently, the title of the web page of any KB article is "Knowledge". Anyone that bookmarks the link needs to rename the bookmark to include the title of the article. Please save the user some time and have the article title in the web page title like how it was before the myOSIsoft days.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Portal to be localized into a preferred language

For customers and partners who prefer to work in a non-English language, it would be nice to have the option to localize the Customer and Partner Portals into this preferred language.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED