Customer Portal & PI Square

Welcome to Customer Portal & PI Square feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on the OSIsoft Customer Portal, Partner Portal, and PI Square Online Community. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas. All of the feedback you share on this forum is monitored and managed by OSIsoft Customer Success team.  

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through the Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through the Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a chronological timeline of releases that goes back at least 2 years.

I was reviewing one of OSI's newsletter articles published earlier this year with a colleague. It said:

"On April 14th, OSIsoft released several patches and PI System component upgrades that are available for download now. The focus of these releases is to improve the reliability and security of our products. In addition to bug fixes, these releases contain security enhancements to: ..."

That's all well and good, but when I went to the OSI website to check which products contained those bug fixes, and which needed to be updated, I had a lot of trouble getting to that information. The…

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expose Known Issue (also known as Bug or Work Item) number on the Customer Portal

As a customer, I would like to be able to see the Work Item Number from the Release Notes on the corresponding Customer Portal Known Issue article so that I can read more detailed information on it to determine whether to upgrade.

Currently it is possible to search on the Customer Portal for the Work Item Number from the Release Notes and find the corresponding Known Issue article, but since the Work Item Number is not a visible field on the article itself it is not clear whether I am looking at the correct article.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notify affected users when a Known Issue (bug) is resolved

As a customer, I would like to be notified when a Known Issue (bug) that affects me is resolved so that I can assess whether to upgrade.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide Release Notes that consolidate all past product changes

When assessing upgrades, we look at product enhancements found in the Release Notes. This proves difficult when the Release Notes only mention the product enhancements for the adjacent product releases and we are upgrading from an older version not mentioned in the release notes. Because of this, there should be a consolidated Release Notes for each product that covers all the past versions.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Access Customer Portal with customer SSO authentication

My customer would like to be able to access the OSISoft Customer portal using THEIR SSO infrastructure. This saves the user having to sync passwords, and also mean that the password policy of the end-user is applied. Preferably a user would be entered into a user group in the customer domain, and that would mirror OSIsoft customer portal access.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update and standardize the icon of install kits

The attached image shows the icons for 2 install kits. Most install kits use the top icon, and, to my knowledge, only PI System Management Tools uses the bottom icon.

The top icon uses the correct OSIsoft logo but has a border around the logo and does not use anti-aliasing. The bottom icon uses a lighter shade of blue for the OSIsoft logo but is borderless and uses anti-aliasing to smooth the edges of the OSIsoft logo. Both icons also use different shield icons.

For all install kits, please use a single borderless icon that uses anti-aliasing and the correct…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Centralize the recognition of outstanding contributors to the PI community

There are posts on PI Square such as the Security Hall Of Thanks and the All-Star announcement posts that recognize outstanding contributors to the PI community. However, these posts are scattered and older posts are difficult to find. Also, there were some years where All-Stars were announced at a live event but there is no corresponding PI Square post.

Please consider centralizing the recognition of outstanding contributors to the PI community. The recognition does not necessarily have to all be on a single web page, as long as there is some central web page that allows you to easily reach…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Expand Truncated Fields

Customer often comes across truncated fields with no way to read the entire field which sometimes has a version on the hidden end. Wondering if fields could be resizable or resize window width.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring back the online Hardware and PI System Sizing recommendations web page

Bring back the online Hardware Sizing Tool (HWST) that was popular with customers and OSIsoft employees. Although a downloadable spreadsheet is available here: https://customers.osisoft.com/s/productcontent?id=a7R1I000000Xz7KUAS the online version was more accessible and easier to use.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add "This affects me" button to Known Issue (bug) articles

As a customer, I would like to be able to indicate that a particular Known Issue (bug) affects me so that OSIsoft can properly assess the impact of it.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Customer would like to either have "Feed" articles delivered to Email, or as an RSS feed

Customer would like new items in his / her "feed" to be delivered to his / her email (maybe daily?) or via an RSS feed.

82 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a view only user type restricting option to raise support cases

We have few section of users interested in learning module and others who would be only having view (read-only) access to customer portal.

The current list of user types in https://customers.osisoft.com/s/knowledgearticle?knowledgeArticleUrl=kA01I000000BKNxSAO allows any user having SSO account to open a case with Tech. Support.

Can we have another user type with only read-only access i.e. no privilege to create support cases? This will be beneficial in that all cases raised with OSIsoft tech. support goes through an internal IT support team keeping the process simple and efficient.

Submitting this feedback on request from our OSIsoft Customer Success Manager.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable filtered searches for users across many pages on My Team

As an Admin User, I have to manage many hundreds of users on My Team section. When I need to assign a new site to a user or change the user profile (to Download User for instance), I need to find this user across many pages. I cannot search for that user in the filter box since this field only filters for the current page on which they are only few users. If my user is listed further pages down, I need to navigate through all the pages of users before finding this user.

The goal of this feedback is…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop advertising superseded products

The page linked below is a major source of confusion for anybody new to PI (e.g. me at the time).
    https://www.osisoft.com/pi-system/pi-capabilities/product-list/

The list is not only long, but there is also overlap between the functionality of some products. There are 29 "products" listed, and of those, 9 of them have been superseded:
    • Advanced Computing Engine (ACE)
    • Batch
    • Performance Equations (PE)
    • PI BatchView
    • PI Interfaces
    • PI Interfaces for System Monitoring
    • PI ProcessBook
    • PI WebParts
    • Totalizers

Please revise this page to eliminate mentions of superseded products. This will help both new PI administrators…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

PLANNED  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Write a KB article that shows the succession of products

OSIsoft has made many products over the years, and many of those products have been deprecated and/or succeeded. The deprecation/succession documentation is currently scattered.

Based on personal experience, this is extremely confusing for someone new to the PI system. Some newbies might set up a PI system using older products, only to learn later that they should have never used those products and that they should migrate to a newer product. The more cautious newbies will be confused as to why so many products overlap in function, and each one will need to do their own research to find out…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add support for TLS 1.3

Please add support for TLS 1.3 to customers.osisoft.com so that it loads more quickly and more securely. The home page is already very slow to load. Need every speed boost that we can get.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Revise the EA Software page

Page in question:
    https://www.osisoft.com/enterprise-agreement-software-services/

What's wrong with it:
    • "Tech Support Webpage" link needs to be replaced
    • "Datalink" should be "DataLink"
    • "Logger(" should be "Logger ("
    • "Batchview" should be "BatchView"
    • "Active View" should be "ActiveView"
    • "Alarm View" should be "AlarmView"
    • "ProfileView" should be "ProfileView"
    • "Arc GIS" should be "ArcGIS"
    • "EA", "SRP", and "CoE" are never written out in full. There is also no link to provide more information on what SRP and CoE are.
    Links:
    https://www.osisoft.com/support/support-services/software-reliance-program/
    https://www.osisoft.com/support/value-of-enterprise-wide-deployment/support-for-ea/center-of-excellence/
    • The PDF in "EA service packages can be accessed here" contains just a single…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add support for HTTP/2 on both the Customer Portal and the Partner Portal

Currently, both the Customer Portal and the Partner Portal support only HTTP/1.1. Please add support for HTTP/2 for both of these sites. This will make them load faster and will hopefully solve the complaints about their slow load times.

The links below test the 2 portal websites for HTTP/2 support:
    https://http2.pro/check?url=https%3A//customers.osisoft.com/
    https://http2.pro/check?url=https%3A//partners.osisoft.com/

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Do not wipe nicknames on products page

"The yearly partner fees renewal generated new server objects in our database, so that is why you are not seeing the previous nicknames."-OSIsoft support

I would like to submit an enhancement request to not overwrite the customer's nicknames (maybe just append to them?). Having the name of the associated VM in our nicknames is MUCH more useful than somebody's email address who may or may not ever login to either the PI server or this portal. (We currently have 13 serial #s)

Backstory:
    In May, I spent several hours tracking down PI server names and matching them with serial #s…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve MSF mismatch instruction

Currently, the instruction says, "Please confirm that you have uploaded the correct MSF. If this issue persists with a correct MSF, please open a support ticket by selecting the option below". The instruction can be inferred as the user has uploaded an incorrect MSF and a correct MSF will resolve the issue which may not be true.

Recommend to change to "Please check that you have generated the MSF on the correct machine and uploaded the correct one. Then open a support ticket and state the reason for a new license in the support ticket by selecting the option below"

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED