myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back the online Hardware and PI System Sizing recommendations web page

Bring back the online Hardware Sizing Tool (HWST) that was popular with customers and OSIsoft employees. Although a downloadable spreadsheet is available here: https://customers.osisoft.com/s/productcontent?id=a7R1I000000Xz7KUAS the online version was more accessible and easier to use.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the default text of links from "http://" to "https://"

In existing cases, users have the option to add a link. By default, the link text is "http://". This should be changed to "https://", since the world is migrating more and more towards HTTPS, and it will help familiarize users with the idea that the secure version of links should be used whenever possible.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow PI Connectors to be searched and selected

Currently, when you choose "Collection" under the Product Family, the list that appears under Product And License is limited. For example, the PI Connector For UFL does not appear and you cannot search for it. This defeats the purpose of the new Customer Portal, since customers have no choice but to exclude the product name and version in these cases.

If having a full list of PI Connectors would make the page too slow, then at least allow specific PI Connectors to be searched and selected.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. link to "myOsiSoft" and feedback page

The link to "myOsiSoft" site, on support page its not obvious or easy to find/remember.

The same with the Feedback page link.
    Had to heard from someone else that the page exists and search a lot to find the link.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve general user friendliness

Sharing input by my customer ElecGas - Pego site (Rita Tavares):

. the new site is not very user friendly on searching for products to download. It shows a very small window with the information, and it’s not easy to scroll down. And, each time with see anything in detail, on going back, it loses focus and goes to the beginning of everything.
    In fact, the old site, regarding products list and downloads had a much better design, with the possibility of filtering by product or “family”, or by the executables or documents.
    And with the chance to see the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 当pi点数据状态异常时该点当前数据值应该保持其最近的历史数据值.

当pi点数据状态异常时该点当前数据值应该保持其最近的历史数据值.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Permit users to have different access levels at different sites

Currently the Admin from one company site can add a user from a different company site at a lower level, and the level is propagated across all sites. The user may be an admin at Site A, but if added as a Super user at Site B, the admin level access at Site A is downgraded. Unfortunately since there is only one Global access level per user, this user must either be Admin everywhere or Super User.

Ideally each user needs access levels for each site.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make default Customer Portal site configurable

When your organization has many sites, it would be helpful if you could pick which one would be selected by default in the customer portal. This would save a lot of time when either downloading products or entering Tech Support requests.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show product release dates on download page

In order to more clearly identify a particular download version, it would be helpful to see its release date on the download page.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make product release announcements easier to identify

As all the news feed items have the same icon, so it is hard to pick out the release notices.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Product Release announcements more consistent

There is no consistent way to know if new product releases have occurred. Sometimes there is a new release alert in the Feed, but many times there is no alert. When there is an alert often the downlinks are missing. This is currently the most pressing need for improvements in the customer portal.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Install kits should extract only what they will install

Currently, all install kits other than the PI Server install kit follow these steps in the order shown:
    1. Extract everything
    2. Check what needs to be installed
    3. Display a window asking the user to acknowledge what will be installed
    4. Install only what needs to be installed

This approach wastes disk space, helps wear down the disk, and adds to the extraction time.

Please consider making install kits do the following instead:
    1. Check what needs to be installed
    2. Display a window asking the user to acknowledge what will be installed
    3. Extract only what will be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Pick one: "install kit" or "installation kit"

In the download window, "Installation Kit" is used as the category name and as a File Type, but the File Names may use "Installation Kit" or "Install Kit", usually the latter. Please use only a single name to avoid confusion and inconsistencies.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Group catalog files under a separate category

Currently, the catalog files are grouped together with the install kits, which makes the list difficult to browse. Please move the catalog files to a new "Installation Kit Catalog Files" category and change their File Type to "Catalog File"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can I see known issues for a particular version of a software?

As a PI Adminstrator for a system that is expensive to upgrade (requires revalidation), can I understand known issues with a particular version of software so that I can see if I should upgrade that version? The current version of the protal doesn't show issues for a specific release version.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Include the Article Number in the KCS name

Include the Article Number in the KCS name. Referring to the KCS articles by their long titles can be confusing. Much easier to reference a KCS number or KB number.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. NOC Routing

Previously, NOC alerts were handled by whoever was on a NOC shift. With the new customer portal, NOC alerts are assigned to an engineer and the engineer takes ownership of the NOC alert. Customer stated if he responds to an alert when the engineer is not on shift, the customer will not get a response until the engineer is back on shift. Customer would like to have the alert handled by whatever engineer is available / on shift right when he responds to an alert.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I need to see security bulletins pushed to my immediate attention

As a security aware customer, it is critical that I receive proactive alerts about OSIsoft security bulletins. It is suboptimal for me to subscribe to alerts in the portal, and then search for the alerts periodically in a rolling feed that could have hundreds of non-alert related items. Please strongly consider letting me sign-up for proactive timely email alerts, an RSS feed or some function that saves time to get these security alerts to me so that I can protect my critical infrastructure.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve Product Search

Remove the need to know in which sub-group a product is hiding. If I for example want to install the PI System Connector, the Connector Relay,and the DCM, I first have to find out that the Connector and the Relay are in the PI Collection Suite, while the DCM is in the top level downloads. There is no overall product search that would show me where a specific product can be found.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make the bottom of the download window reachable

I complained in the suggestion below that the download window should be bigger to make better use of the available screen space.
    https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/920320-myosisoft/suggestions/37446745-full-size-download-window

Thank you for addressing this. However, now the window extends beyond the bottom of the screen and I can't see the bottom of the download window, even when I scroll. In a sense, this is worse because I can't use the window properly anymore.

Please make the download window adapt to the size of the browser window so that none of it is cut off but the usage of screen space is still optimized, or allow the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED