myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

How can we improve myOSIsoft?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. My feed filter

Add the possibility to filter the item displayed in myfeed per types. Because if we select multiple item type in our profile we can miss alert or release annoucement due to a lot of other items.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Group Developers Club users into a single group

In the software download area I see my various PI Servers but there is also a large list of PI Developers Club licenses. As with all the products associated with each PI Server, I would like to roll all Developers Club licenses into a single category which could be expanded should the need arise.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow user sign on to persist through ALL OSIsoft sites.

Signing on to myosisoft.com does not always persist through all tech support sites. I often have to also sign on to PI Square. Additionally the checkbox to keep me signed in has never worked.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide a 'virtual cabinet' for users to store favorite KB articles

Documentation is great and Tech Support exceeds our expectations. I would like to suggest to create a 'virtual cabinet' where the user (me) could save its favorites or most use KB Articles or manuals for references, I think it would facilitate our troubleshooting for us.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide a way to show what has updated in a KB article

I usually look at all KB updates in the site. But, I don't know what has been added or updated in the KB! Please try to write or show what is new in the KB.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide OSIsoft partners access to all software licenses for evaluation; think MSDN, VMware, Rockwell Toolkit, etc.

Please make it easier for OSIsoft partners to access the software and solutions that we’re expected build expertise and offerings around. It feels far more difficult than it should for us to have connectors, interfaces, integrators, etc. added to our PI DevClub licenses, and it makes it harder for us as partners to get our customers the solutions they need to transform their future.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Close case" option for all cases

I would like to be able to request to close a case regardless of its current status. Currently there is a button available if the case is in "Answered" status, and I can post or e-mail on the case to let them know to close it otherwise.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. List current versions for all software

Currently, to see what the current version of a product is, you have to try to download it. It would be nice to see a list of all the current versions of software in a more convenient fashion.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sigment access to PI Client software downloads

It would be helpful to provide users access to download PI Client software without also giving them access to download PI Server software.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Site Name to be searchable on the Products page

For customers who have many sites, it is cumbersome to find the site they want on the Products Page. It would be nice if the "Select Site Name" dropdown list itself were searchable for any text in a site name and/or if, when "All Sites" is selected, the Product search bar could be used to return results based on the value in the "Site Name" field.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide more information in Customer quotes for services and related expenses

The quotes provided for T&L related to onsite services are too generic. It is difficult to tell the difference among a set of quotes which leads to confusion when matching POs against them. It would also be helpful to have more information on the quote to justify the PO.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to change Case type: TechSupport vs NOC

Ability to change the Case type. Sometimes the case created is not under the right category. Customer should be able to change that field to locate the case in the right group: TechSupport or NOC

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Correct the escaping of characters in migrated cases

In migrated cases, what was originally \ and " now appear as \\ and \", respectively. Please restore the escaped characters to how they originally appeared.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Correct the escaping of characters in migrated cases

In migrated cases, what was originally \ and " now appear as \\ and \", respectively. Please restore the escaped characters to how they originally appeared.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Increase the spacing between the tabs

Currently, each tab is separated by a 2-space gap. This is not enough to distinguish the tabs at a glance and makes it difficult to recognize the boundary of any tab, which slows the user experience. Please make the gap size adapt to the window width. Set a minimum and maximum gap size and let the tabs get close only when there is not enough room.

Home Products Cases Services Success Objectives Quotes Reports Contact Us Quick Links

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Increase the spacing between the tabs

Currently, each tab is separated by a 2-space gap. This is not enough to distinguish the tabs at a glance and makes it difficult to recognize the boundary of any tab, which slows the user experience. Please make the gap size adapt to the window width. Set a minimum and maximum gap size and let the tabs get close only when there is not enough room.

Home Products Cases Services Success Objectives Quotes Reports Contact Us Quick Links

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include the article title in the web page title

Currently, the title of the web page of any KB article is "Knowledge". Anyone that bookmarks the link needs to rename the bookmark to include the title of the article. Please save the user some time and have the article title in the web page title like how it was before the myOSIsoft days.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add spaces to the page counter at the bottom of the products page

The page counter at the bottom of the products page says "Page1of2". This should be "Page 1 of 2". All of the other web pages in the Customer Portal contain the spaces.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow users to browse >2 pages of cases to view older cases

Currently, I can see only 2 pages of closed cases and I cannot see any of the cases that I started before 2017. I deleted the case emails long ago on the assumption that the communications would always still be available online, which they are not anymore.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a space between the first name and last name in the description of migrated cases

In migrated cases, the description appears as:
    Note: This case has been opened by the following person - KennethBarber

There should be a space between the first name and the last name.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED