myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Install kits should extract only what they will install

Currently, all install kits other than the PI Server install kit follow these steps in the order shown:
    1. Extract everything
    2. Check what needs to be installed
    3. Display a window asking the user to acknowledge what will be installed
    4. Install only what needs to be installed

This approach wastes disk space, helps wear down the disk, and adds to the extraction time.

Please consider making install kits do the following instead:
    1. Check what needs to be installed
    2. Display a window asking the user to acknowledge what will be installed
    3. Extract only what will be…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pick one: "install kit" or "installation kit"

In the download window, "Installation Kit" is used as the category name and as a File Type, but the File Names may use "Installation Kit" or "Install Kit", usually the latter. Please use only a single name to avoid confusion and inconsistencies.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Group catalog files under a separate category

Currently, the catalog files are grouped together with the install kits, which makes the list difficult to browse. Please move the catalog files to a new "Installation Kit Catalog Files" category and change their File Type to "Catalog File"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can I see known issues for a particular version of a software?

As a PI Adminstrator for a system that is expensive to upgrade (requires revalidation), can I understand known issues with a particular version of software so that I can see if I should upgrade that version? The current version of the protal doesn't show issues for a specific release version.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Include the Article Number in the KCS name

Include the Article Number in the KCS name. Referring to the KCS articles by their long titles can be confusing. Much easier to reference a KCS number or KB number.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. NOC Routing

Previously, NOC alerts were handled by whoever was on a NOC shift. With the new customer portal, NOC alerts are assigned to an engineer and the engineer takes ownership of the NOC alert. Customer stated if he responds to an alert when the engineer is not on shift, the customer will not get a response until the engineer is back on shift. Customer would like to have the alert handled by whatever engineer is available / on shift right when he responds to an alert.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I need to see security bulletins pushed to my immediate attention

As a security aware customer, it is critical that I receive proactive alerts about OSIsoft security bulletins. It is suboptimal for me to subscribe to alerts in the portal, and then search for the alerts periodically in a rolling feed that could have hundreds of non-alert related items. Please strongly consider letting me sign-up for proactive timely email alerts, an RSS feed or some function that saves time to get these security alerts to me so that I can protect my critical infrastructure.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve Product Search

Remove the need to know in which sub-group a product is hiding. If I for example want to install the PI System Connector, the Connector Relay,and the DCM, I first have to find out that the Connector and the Relay are in the PI Collection Suite, while the DCM is in the top level downloads. There is no overall product search that would show me where a specific product can be found.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customer Success Manager Portal View

As a CSM I would like to be able to view a customer's Portal, as if I were a customer, without impersonating a customer user. My vision is that I could use this to review customer tech support cases in meetings with the customer, as well as their success objectives. The internal views of the success objectives have information that the customer should not see and therefore are not usable during meetings.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make the bottom of the download window reachable

I complained in the suggestion below that the download window should be bigger to make better use of the available screen space.
    https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/920320-myosisoft/suggestions/37446745-full-size-download-window

Thank you for addressing this. However, now the window extends beyond the bottom of the screen and I can't see the bottom of the download window, even when I scroll. In a sense, this is worse because I can't use the window properly anymore.

Please make the download window adapt to the size of the browser window so that none of it is cut off but the usage of screen space is still optimized, or allow the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make it easier to find products in the customer portal

Finding products is a real pain. It would be much easier if you were to let me search for products first, then show me where they are licensed in the sites/servers that I belong to, and in the same screen show me if the licenses are current. Right now, I have to know the PI Server number to do anything, and I have ot know where a product is related to a PI Server number.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Clarify "My NOC Cases" and "All NOC Cases"

The Customer Portal allows you to filter for "My NOC Cases" and "All NOC Cases". These should be reworded to "My Open NOC Cases" and "All Open NOC Cases", otherwise a customer may try to use these filters to find closed NOC cases, only to be disappointed and confused.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a visual indicator for permissions denied due to the user's profile

By definition, Support and Download users do not have permissions to generate PI Server licenses on the Customer Portal, but it is not apparent from the grayed-out license generation button that it is due to permissions. Similarly, Support Users see a lack of product install kits. This leads to some users thinking something is wrong with the portal as opposed to thinking it is permissions. It would be nice if there were an indicator or hover text such as "Your profile <profile> does not have license generation permission. Please contact your Admin User, noted on the My Profile > My…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the sign-out page more useful

Currently, the sign-out page is a dead end. The privacy policy page is the only page linked from it. Please consider either redirecting the user to a more useful page a few seconds after the sign-out page appears or making the sign-out page more useful by adding links to pages that the user might want to visit next.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add support for two-step verification

The new Customer Portal allows users to see all tech support cases in the organization, and Enterprise Agreement customers will have access to nearly every PI program. As they say: with great power comes great responsibility.

Please add support for two-step verification to decrease the chances of a successful "hack" into a user's account. A successful hack would reveal a lot of confidential information and allow the hacker to mooch the PI programs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Eliminate the need to scroll on the sign-in page

On laptops, the contents of the sign-in page do not fit on the screen, so the user must scroll to see all of it. Please redesign the page so that the content fits on the screen. Shrink or eliminate the picture of the bridge, or send it into the background (e.g. https://login.live.com/).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Software download window needs redesigned

The window to download software does not work well. I struggle to even reach the check box for license agreement and the button to start the download. I don't know if it scaling or what, but it was almost unusable.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Customer would like to either have "Feed" articles delivered to Email, or as an RSS feed

Customer would like new items in his / her "feed" to be delivered to his / her email (maybe daily?) or via an RSS feed.

62 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Filing an EA Tech Support case for a specific site

Since EA software licenses are managed on the EA virtual site, they are losing the ability to track cases filed against products as well as a site or sites. They would like to be able to track these items against both, as well as filter against both.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Attach my site's architecture diagram

I'd like to be able to attach my site's architecture diagram via the customer portal. This would allow me to avoid having to re-explain my architecture every time I call into Tech Support and speak with a new support engineer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED