myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Software download window needs redesigned

The window to download software does not work well. I struggle to even reach the check box for license agreement and the button to start the download. I don't know if it scaling or what, but it was almost unusable.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customer would like to either have "Feed" articles delivered to Email, or as an RSS feed

Customer would like new items in his / her "feed" to be delivered to his / her email (maybe daily?) or via an RSS feed.

62 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filing an EA Tech Support case for a specific site

Since EA software licenses are managed on the EA virtual site, they are losing the ability to track cases filed against products as well as a site or sites. They would like to be able to track these items against both, as well as filter against both.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Attach my site's architecture diagram

I'd like to be able to attach my site's architecture diagram via the customer portal. This would allow me to avoid having to re-explain my architecture every time I call into Tech Support and speak with a new support engineer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Order the version numbers

When you go to create a new case online, you must choose the version number of the program. Please make sure that the versions are always in order. For example, for PI DataLink, the version numbers are listed in descending order, which is fine, but then 2019 was sloppily appended at the bottom of the list, even though it should be at the top.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the pop-up screen for uploading the MSF file for license generation larger or include a scroll down button

When generating a PI license file on the customer portal, a pop-up screen is presented for uploading the MSF file. When the pop-up screen opens it cuts off before you see where to upload the MSF file. Include a scroll function on the side bar so customers can expand the pop-up screen and see where to upload the MSF file or make the pop screen larger.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please don't show me older expired product licenses

It's confusing - I have old expired licenses that I'm requesting download access, and unknown to me, there is another site has the current license that I'm looking for. Rather than just emailing the account team of my download request, just direct me to where the license is current among the sites that I have download rights to.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Admin action distributed to multiple admins

My sites typically have multiple admins, who are responsible for adding / removing / updating user lists. It would be great if there was a way to queue or distribute admin actions for a site across all the admins for that site. Example, a new user calls technical support and a case is opened for an admin to add them as a user, it would be great if that was shared across the admins and not specific to one admin, as that admin may not be available.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please restore all old Knowledge Base articles.

Please restore all old Knowledge Base articles in the new CMS.

There is a lot of Information in these articles and often resolutions to older user's questions simply refer to the appropriate KB article (which is in almost all cases not available). The current policy of uploading a KB article by request takes too long to be helpful in most situations and it might not apply to the problem at hand, so another round of request-upload-review is started.

I understand that you want to build a better knowledge base, but discarding all "old knowledge" is not helpful.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are still in the process of updating and migrating valid KB articles into the Customer Portal and apologize for any inconvenience trying to find them. If there is a particular KB or procedure you are having difficulty finding, please do not hesitate to contact our Tech Support staff.

10. Provide useable downloadable data for analyzing past NOC calls

While it is helpful to be able to see a history of NOC Cases in the portal, it would be helpful to be able to download the history for analysis. This would require a list of NOC calls with the name of the site, the case number, the Subject, the Description, the name of the Machine involved, the Contact who responded, the Device, interface or process involved, the current status, the last modified date and the Resolution (if any).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve category selection on case creation page so that it's clearer which to select

The case creation page requires a selection of a category (eg. "Technical", "PI Developers Club License", "Customer Portal"), but at the moment, we are finding a non-negligible quantity of cases are submitted to the incorrect category.

This category selection is what allows the system to route the case to the right team, and incorrect selections can result in delays with the case.

The page does not clearly convey what each category is meant for, unless you know to hover over the categories to see the tooltips. However, this is not intuitive, and leads to incorrect selections.

Having spoken with several…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Streamline changing of roles

As an admin changing the role for a user requires you to enter into each user and updating the role. Unfortunately phone number and/or other fields such as working times, timezone, etc. typically aren't set and these are required. This means that to simply change permissions the Admin must now enter in all of these fields which is an arduous task, especially if you need to do it for a team of people.

Rather, when clicking Configure for the user the role is shown in a dropdown that's currently disabled. Being able to update the role here would streamline the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add SSO username to profile

Add a section to the customer profile with their SSO username so they know how to log onto FTP.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option for Admin User to be copied on all case interaction e-mails

As an Admin User, I would like to be able to opt in to being cced on all case interaction e-mails for any cases for my sites. That way I can be aware of the issues my team is facing as the case interactions occur.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove product family from product search criteria

The Search in the ‘Product’ Section of the Portal allows customers to search a number of fields including anything in the ‘Custom Name’ field. Thus they can name their servers meaningful names (to them) and be able to find them easily.

This is a great capability BUT we feel that we have identified a problem.

One of the fields that seems to get searched is ‘Product Family’. This creates the issue.

It would seem reasonable, in fact a good idea, for a customer to call a server something like ‘Project X Development Server’. But we use ‘Development’ as a Product…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. make page content expand to the full width of the browser

that can also give us more characters in the feed

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. new service request notifications

I would like to get informed by e-mail when someone creates new service requests for my site.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Time zones for 'Working Hours'

On Windows PCs, date/time zones are referenced to UTC.
    In the picking list for 'Working Hours' in Add a Team Member (to OSIsoft Customer Portal), the available time zones are referenced to GMT. This seems outdated and should be standardised to UTC.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve myOSIsoft's Security Headers score

All of the subdomains related to myOSIsoft score A from Security Headers. Please increase the score to A+ by using the X-Frame-Options and Feature-Policy headers and changing the value of the Referrer-Policy header.
    https://securityheaders.com/?q=myosisoft.com&followRedirects=on
    https://securityheaders.com/?q=my.osisoft.com&followRedirects=on
    https://securityheaders.com/?q=customers.osisoft.com&followRedirects=on
    https://securityheaders.com/?q=partners.osisoft.com&followRedirects=on

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make the portal pages 16:10 - not 4:3

This is the 21st century. The majority of users are using screens in a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio, or will shortly do so. Why should a newly launched (!) portal be 4:3, and crop vital column contents e.g. in the "Products" section("PI Connector fo…"), rendering the whole page useless? Who would ever browse a support portal from their smartphones?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED