myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide useable downloadable data for analyzing past NOC calls

While it is helpful to be able to see a history of NOC Cases in the portal, it would be helpful to be able to download the history for analysis. This would require a list of NOC calls with the name of the site, the case number, the Subject, the Description, the name of the Machine involved, the Contact who responded, the Device, interface or process involved, the current status, the last modified date and the Resolution (if any).

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve category selection on case creation page so that it's clearer which to select

The case creation page requires a selection of a category (eg. "Technical", "PI Developers Club License", "Customer Portal"), but at the moment, we are finding a non-negligible quantity of cases are submitted to the incorrect category.

This category selection is what allows the system to route the case to the right team, and incorrect selections can result in delays with the case.

The page does not clearly convey what each category is meant for, unless you know to hover over the categories to see the tooltips. However, this is not intuitive, and leads to incorrect selections.

Having spoken with several…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Streamline changing of roles

As an admin changing the role for a user requires you to enter into each user and updating the role. Unfortunately phone number and/or other fields such as working times, timezone, etc. typically aren't set and these are required. This means that to simply change permissions the Admin must now enter in all of these fields which is an arduous task, especially if you need to do it for a team of people.

Rather, when clicking Configure for the user the role is shown in a dropdown that's currently disabled. Being able to update the role here would streamline the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add SSO username to profile

Add a section to the customer profile with their SSO username so they know how to log onto FTP.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option for Admin User to be copied on all case interaction e-mails

As an Admin User, I would like to be able to opt in to being cced on all case interaction e-mails for any cases for my sites. That way I can be aware of the issues my team is facing as the case interactions occur.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove product family from product search criteria

The Search in the ‘Product’ Section of the Portal allows customers to search a number of fields including anything in the ‘Custom Name’ field. Thus they can name their servers meaningful names (to them) and be able to find them easily.

This is a great capability BUT we feel that we have identified a problem.

One of the fields that seems to get searched is ‘Product Family’. This creates the issue.

It would seem reasonable, in fact a good idea, for a customer to call a server something like ‘Project X Development Server’. But we use ‘Development’ as a Product…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. make page content expand to the full width of the browser

that can also give us more characters in the feed

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. new service request notifications

I would like to get informed by e-mail when someone creates new service requests for my site.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Time zones for 'Working Hours'

On Windows PCs, date/time zones are referenced to UTC.
    In the picking list for 'Working Hours' in Add a Team Member (to OSIsoft Customer Portal), the available time zones are referenced to GMT. This seems outdated and should be standardised to UTC.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve myOSIsoft's Security Headers score

All of the subdomains related to myOSIsoft score A from Security Headers. Please increase the score to A+ by using the X-Frame-Options and Feature-Policy headers and changing the value of the Referrer-Policy header.
    https://securityheaders.com/?q=myosisoft.com&followRedirects=on
    https://securityheaders.com/?q=my.osisoft.com&followRedirects=on
    https://securityheaders.com/?q=customers.osisoft.com&followRedirects=on
    https://securityheaders.com/?q=partners.osisoft.com&followRedirects=on

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make the portal pages 16:10 - not 4:3

This is the 21st century. The majority of users are using screens in a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio, or will shortly do so. Why should a newly launched (!) portal be 4:3, and crop vital column contents e.g. in the "Products" section("PI Connector fo…"), rendering the whole page useless? Who would ever browse a support portal from their smartphones?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Submit myosisoft.com for HSTS preloading

To ensure that no insecure HTTP connections are attempted against myosisoft.com, please consider submitting it for HSTS preloading after enabling HSTS.
    https://hstspreload.org/?domain=myosisoft.com

The risk for this change should be fairly low, since myosisoft.com redirects to my.osisoft.com.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Address security issues on partners.osisoft.com

partners.osisoft.com currently scores a B on the SSL Server Test. The maximum score is A+.
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=partners.osisoft.com

Please address the issues that the test points out, such as the incomplete certificate chain and the continued support of TLS 1.1 and weak cipher suites.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add hyperlink to "case link" on emails on TS cases.

When a customer gets an email related to a support case, there is a case link in the email, however that case link is not a hyperlink and the customer needs to copy and paste it into a browser. It would be nice if this was a hyperlink to direct the customer to the case page of the customer portal.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. system requirements

Product Search

Please bring back the old list of products that listed the current version of the product and system requirements. Even if we don't yet have the license for a product, this older mechanism made it much easier to find information.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Possibility to extract cases in csv or Excel-compatible format

For one entity to manage and follow case creation by its administrators, it could be very useful to add the capability of extracting under .csv or other Excel-compatible format the Case database at anytime (by adding a button "Extract all Cases" for instance).
    There could be a standard Extraction configuration (case number, title, dates of opening/closure, status, people involved, etc.) and one with specific settings.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add possibility to see "All Cases"

Today, it is possible to see cases according to following main categories: Recent cases, All Open Cases, All Closed Cases
    There is no possibility to see "All Cases", whatever their status, although it could be useful to see all cases of an entity created in a chronological order.
    Suggestion to add this possibility

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show the Software License And Services Agreement as regular text in the download window

Currently, when you go to download an install kit, the Software License And Services Agreement appears as a DOCX file embedded within the download window. Both the download window and the embedded DOCX file have their own separate scroll bar, making the file difficult to navigate. Please remove the embedded DOCX file and have its contents appear in the download window as regular text.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Customer Portal Feedback

I am using the products page on the Customer Portal and I believe that some changes should be made, regarding the display of release dates and version numbers directly from the download UI, as I feel that this is a necessary column to include, and I don't understand why it's not shown immediately. I believe that better sorting of product downloads by chronological release when displaying "All Versions" would be an important enhancement. I notice that some products have their full version numbers listed, while others have their - more common - version year listed. I believe that this should…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My feed filter

Add the possibility to filter the item displayed in myfeed per types. Because if we select multiple item type in our profile we can miss alert or release annoucement due to a lot of other items.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED