myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas. All of the feedback you share on this forum is monitored and managed by OSIsoft Customer Success team.  

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notify affected users when a Known Issue (bug) is resolved

As a customer, I would like to be notified when a Known Issue (bug) that affects me is resolved so that I can assess whether to upgrade.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "This affects me" button to Known Issue (bug) articles

As a customer, I would like to be able to indicate that a particular Known Issue (bug) affects me so that OSIsoft can properly assess the impact of it.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Feedback has any value?

We are giving feedback on various products and services.
    Customer portal is the most frustrating one.

Voted on numerous items but I see no value because there is no progress.

Is there a place where OSIsoft can post what they are improving/improved based on the feedback here?
    If there is no such thing then I see no value giving feedback.
    Transparency is missing?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PI Square Annual leader board

Create an Annual Leaderboard in PI Square.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove Idea from Create Content on PI Square

PI Square users can still create Ideas. Remove this option or redirect to this site

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show votes on the latest article version on customer portal

Right now, the vote numbers on articles are cumulative; they show all of the votes the article has received over the life of the article.

As a result, if there is a problem with an article, say a broken link, then it will get a lot of negative votes. If we fix the problem, then it will still have a lot of negative votes.

If someone sees an article with a lot of negative votes, they will think there is a problem with the article, and they won't trust it.

Instead, the article should show the positive and negative votes…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Download case attachments

JNJ would like to be able to open attachments / download attachments to cases, but can only open “simple types” like word / PDF / excel, etc. If a zip is uploaded it is more or less useless to a portal user, cannot view, cannot download.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Format of tech support cases

Threading features in tech support cases can be confusing, especially for large, long, complex interactions. The same message appears in multiple places in the thread making it hard to follow.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. custom filter for tech support cases

JNJ would like to be able to create custom filters for their tech support selection tickets, like for this list of sites, non NOC open cases, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enhance Tech Support Case Creating Description Window

Enhance the Case Form description window when entering in a new tech support case.

Allow the description window to be full screen.
    Support basic formatting of text.
    Support pasting of images.

The current description window is both too small and is difficult to format the text to simply convey complicated issues.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow users to see number of consumed/available service days

When looking at service activity details on the customers portal, I would like to see the number of ordered service days as well as the number of already delivered service days for this particular service activity.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Download page should be easier to access

It's rather convoluted to get to the downloads page. It would be much more user friendly if we could get there in fewer clicks. For example, other software companies have their download page accessible in 2 clicks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Report of training who took what training in my organization (Training metrics)

My customers would like to see who took the online or classroom training from OSIsoft within thier organization. It will help track the training status and requirements.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow new method(s) in the Quindar Interface

1) The Survalent System API allows references to be pulled by station, or by PointID. While Station migrates around periodically in our processes, PointID does not, and is fixed. This would reduce tag change management by greater than 50% in our process.

2) Our organization is using Survalent replicator and Archiver product to keep our Operations log (alarm log + other items). It would be good to ingest these items into Historian to work with the analysis engine to mark data as bad, etc based on SCADA system alarming.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a view only user type restricting option to raise support cases

We have few section of users interested in learning module and others who would be only having view (read-only) access to customer portal.

The current list of user types in https://customers.osisoft.com/s/knowledgearticle?knowledgeArticleUrl=kA01I000000BKNxSAO allows any user having SSO account to open a case with Tech. Support.

Can we have another user type with only read-only access i.e. no privilege to create support cases? This will be beneficial in that all cases raised with OSIsoft tech. support goes through an internal IT support team keeping the process simple and efficient.

Submitting this feedback on request from our OSIsoft Customer Success Manager.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Be able to choose the preferred time zone or location of the tech support engineer

Currently, myOSIsoft is set up to minimize the time that a customer needs to wait before receiving a response after they create a case. However, this means that if a customer creates a case outside of their regular working hours (e.g. overtime, irregular part-time), then the tech support engineer might not even be in a similar time zone as the customer. The initial response from OSIsoft will be fast, but subsequent communications will be delayed and difficult, and remote sessions would be cumbersome to schedule. In many cases, the case is not urgent and a smoother overall experience is worth…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disable "Generate License" button for PI Infrastructure for EA package Data Archive

As a customer, I would like to know when I am attempting to generate a license against a server that is not valid for license generation. PI Infrastructure for EA package is meant to provide software to the EA and not to instantiate an individual server, but currently license generation against it appears to be valid because the License Generation button is active.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow following articles to see when it is validated or has been updated

Need to ability to subscribe for updates to the article for when a fix has been found/validated - get notifications on bug status, as well as any available workarounds.
    This is especially important for non-validated articles

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve case description formatting

As a user who creates TS cases, I would like the formatting of the description to persist from the "create a case" dialog to the case details itself. After submitting a case, the formatted description loses its line breaks, etc, making for a much more difficult reading experience.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add user ability to reply to chatter

Currently, only OSIsoft engineers can reply to posts and any user response is created as a new chatter item on the case. The user should be able to add a comment to a post.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED