myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas. All of the feedback you share on this forum is monitored and managed by OSIsoft Customer Success team.  

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Test your changes before put them online

i lost my access and as such i cannot opencase or read a lb.

Nice work:((

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Feedback has any value?

We are giving feedback on various products and services.
    Customer portal is the most frustrating one.

Voted on numerous items but I see no value because there is no progress.

Is there a place where OSIsoft can post what they are improving/improved based on the feedback here?
    If there is no such thing then I see no value giving feedback.
    Transparency is missing?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow users to see number of consumed/available service days

When looking at service activity details on the customers portal, I would like to see the number of ordered service days as well as the number of already delivered service days for this particular service activity.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve case description formatting

As a user who creates TS cases, I would like the formatting of the description to persist from the "create a case" dialog to the case details itself. After submitting a case, the formatted description loses its line breaks, etc, making for a much more difficult reading experience.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Permit users to have different access levels at different sites

Currently the Admin from one company site can add a user from a different company site at a lower level, and the level is propagated across all sites. The user may be an admin at Site A, but if added as a Super user at Site B, the admin level access at Site A is downgraded. Unfortunately since there is only one Global access level per user, this user must either be Admin everywhere or Super User.

Ideally each user needs access levels for each site.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include the Article Number in the KCS name

Include the Article Number in the KCS name. Referring to the KCS articles by their long titles can be confusing. Much easier to reference a KCS number or KB number.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filing an EA Tech Support case for a specific site

Since EA software licenses are managed on the EA virtual site, they are losing the ability to track cases filed against products as well as a site or sites. They would like to be able to track these items against both, as well as filter against both.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make the pop-up screen for uploading the MSF file for license generation larger or include a scroll down button

When generating a PI license file on the customer portal, a pop-up screen is presented for uploading the MSF file. When the pop-up screen opens it cuts off before you see where to upload the MSF file. Include a scroll function on the side bar so customers can expand the pop-up screen and see where to upload the MSF file or make the pop screen larger.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Admin action distributed to multiple admins

My sites typically have multiple admins, who are responsible for adding / removing / updating user lists. It would be great if there was a way to queue or distribute admin actions for a site across all the admins for that site. Example, a new user calls technical support and a case is opened for an admin to add them as a user, it would be great if that was shared across the admins and not specific to one admin, as that admin may not be available.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. make page content expand to the full width of the browser

that can also give us more characters in the feed

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add hyperlink to "case link" on emails on TS cases.

When a customer gets an email related to a support case, there is a case link in the email, however that case link is not a hyperlink and the customer needs to copy and paste it into a browser. It would be nice if this was a hyperlink to direct the customer to the case page of the customer portal.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide a way to show what has updated in a KB article

I usually look at all KB updates in the site. But, I don't know what has been added or updated in the KB! Please try to write or show what is new in the KB.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide more information in Customer quotes for services and related expenses

The quotes provided for T&L related to onsite services are too generic. It is difficult to tell the difference among a set of quotes which leads to confusion when matching POs against them. It would also be helpful to have more information on the quote to justify the PO.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Correct the escaping of characters in migrated cases

In migrated cases, what was originally \ and " now appear as \ and ", respectively. Please restore the escaped characters to how they originally appeared.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a space between the first name and last name in the description of migrated cases

In migrated cases, the description appears as:
    Note: This case has been opened by the following person - KennethBarber

There should be a space between the first name and the last name.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Drop support for TLS 1.1 and weak cipher suites on customers.osisoft.com

This change will improve the security of the website and will improve the Protocol Support score of the website on the SSL Server Test.
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=customers.osisoft.com

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

PLANNED  ·  2 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Easy access to quotes.

I have to submit POs before I can download the quote shown in the window. Can this be more intuitive?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Quickly add fellow admins for many, many sites

I administrate many sites. I need a way to quickly add a fellow admin that matches my own view and access.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Consistent version naming of PI programs

PI Interfaces, PI Connectors, and other PI programs that are infrequently updated (e.g. PI Interface Configuration Utility, PI Diagnostics, Machine Signature File Generator) currently use the #.#.#.# version naming convention, while the other PI programs are named after the year, release number, and service pack number (e.g. 2017 R2 SP1).

My suggestion is to reserve the #.#.#.# format for internal use and only expose the customer to the "year R# SP#" format, which is easier to read, recite, and remember compared to the #.#.#.# format.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add support for TLS 1.3

Please add support for TLS 1.3 to customers.osisoft.com so that it loads more quickly and more securely. The home page is already very slow to load. Need every speed boost that we can get.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED