myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Resize columns

Some fileds have more characters than shown on the portal. It would be good if that could resize automatically or at least give the user a way to manually adapt the size

54 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

(1) The “Products” page has been updated so that the first column is much wider in order to show the full product name and a longer custom name.
    (2) The “Downloads” page now has re-sizable columns.
    (3) The “My Team” page has been updated to show more user information in each column.

If there are any other screens where re-sizing columns is needed, please feel free to open a new Feedback request. For now, I will be closing this one. Thank you for your input.

2. Permit hiding deactivated users

As an Admin User, I would like to the ability to filter the users on the My Team page to not display Deactivated users unless I explicitly select to show them. Otherwise my list of users will become hard to manage, and currently the only workaround is to click the Active column header to sort by Active status.

48 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My Feed on the Customer Portal Home Page does not show enough characters in the title of items

As a Customer Portal User I need to be able to see more of the title of the alerts and other items subscribed to in my Feed to be able to easily discern the importance or relevance of the listing.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

COMPLETED  ·  1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Broken links from PI Square to be corrected

In PI Square there are lot of techsupport links to knowledgebase, downloads and other articles. A proper redirection to be applied for those to sustain the hyperlinks

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There was a problem with the way SSO was handling redirects from links in PI Square to KBs in the portal that has been corrected. You should see fewer “broken” links now. We are still in the process of migrating useful KBs. If you come across a link on PI Square that is broken, please open a case with Tech Support so we can try to address it.

5. Sort sites alphabetically

Sort my sites in dropdowns so I can quickly find them (alphabetically).

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

COMPLETED  ·  1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Google searches that include OSIsoft KBs fail to route to the document

OSIsoft KB articles are not routing to the destination documents with the myOSIsoft revamp. Will add KBs as I encounter them.

https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Troubleshooting/KB/KB00380

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There was a problem with the way SSO was handling redirects from links from Google searchs to KBs in the portal that has been corrected. You should see fewer “broken” links now. We are still in the process of migrating useful KBs. If you come across a KB article link that is broken, please open a case with Tech Support so we can try to address it.

7. Allow me to label my PI Servers so I can identify them fast

Permit me to label my PI Servers with a user friendly name.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Right click to open a new tab

It would be good if we could use the right click to open new tabs in case you need to check different cases for example

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

COMPLETED  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add spaces to the page counter at the bottom of the products page

The page counter at the bottom of the products page says "Page1of2". This should be "Page 1 of 2". All of the other web pages in the Customer Portal contain the spaces.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

COMPLETED  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. can I please have consistent unambiguous date formats?

On my portal home page, even though my browser is configured for Australian English (dd/mm/yyyy), I have TWO DIFFERENT DATE FORMATS neither of which are correct - please see attached screen snip.

Can we PLEASE have a consistent and unambiguous date format
    dd-Mmm-yyyy as in 7-May-2019

Finally, 24 hour time also takes less characters and removes ambiguity

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Full-size download window

From the Products page, if you click on any of the Download buttons, the download window will appear. The download window is always smaller than the Products page, which is a waste of space and makes the download window difficult to navigate, especially on a laptop screen. Please make the download window nearly the same size as the Products page. To maximize the use of space, the X above the top right corner of the download window will need to be moved to the title bar.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have increased the height of the download window to the maximum allowable within the current CSS constraints. If the new screen size still doesn’t meet your needs, please post a new request. Thank you for your input.

12. Add PI System Cyber Security page link to the Quick Links pane

As a Customer Portal User I need to be able to easily access PI System Cyber Security page to keep up to date with the latest product alerts, security bulletins, upcoming security events, and recommended learning KBs and videos.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Access to Engineering Plan

Schedule of planned releases and updates was available for viewing on the old web site, but I haven't yet been able to find it using the new system. Please restore access.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Encrypt downloads

Currently, all downloads from the Customer Portal come from a link that begins with "http://downloads.osisoft.com", which is unencrypted. Please make all downloads occur over HTTPS.

This is especially important when the user downloads server-side programs (i.e. most PI programs). If a man-in-the-middle attack is successful in swapping out the server-side program with a malicious one, then the malicious program can attack the server on which it is installed and then attack all of the server's clients.

A man-in-the-middle attack against the download of client-side programs can be almost as bad if users are not allowed to download the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a link to the myOSIsoft documentation

I searched it for a long time, finally found it in the e-mail I got today about veryfied users.
    It would be very useful to have a way to get to the link below from myOSIsoft.
    The link: https://explore.osisoft.com/myosisoft-customer-portal/

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow My Team sorting by last name

Currently, sorting the Name column of My Team sorts by first name. Sorting by last name would be more helpful.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Although we did not include a “Sort” feature, we believe we have addressed the pain point, which was making it easier to find people by last name. You can now filter by First Name or Last Name or Email by typing a few characters in the “Filter List” box. The list of names will automatically update to show only accounts that characters that match. See https://customers.osisoft.com/s/knowledgearticle?knowledgeArticleUrl=My-Team-updates-on-Customer-Portal for more details.

17. 301 Redirect myosisoft.com to my.osisoft.com

my.osisoft.com is the preferred landing page for the customer portal, but when I access myosisoft.com, the browser happily displays the same page as if I went to the correct address.

A 301 redirect would update the address bar to show me that my.osisoft.com is the proper address.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

COMPLETED  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use HTTPS in the "OSIsoft" link on the feedback website

At https://feedback.osisoft.com/, on the right, underneath all of the products, there is an "OSIsoft" link. Please change this to use HTTPS instead of HTTP.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

COMPLETED  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED