How can we improve myOSIsoft?

Permit hiding deactivated users

As an Admin User, I would like to the ability to filter the users on the My Team page to not display Deactivated users unless I explicitly select to show them. Otherwise my list of users will become hard to manage, and currently the only workaround is to click the Active column header to sort by Active status.

46 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Laura Posner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Laura Posner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At go-live (which is when Randy wrote his comment) we were not able to remove a user from the My Team view. Since then, OSIsoft Customer Care can remove a user by request.

If you are an Admin User who wants to permanently remove a user from the My Team view (for cases like Scott mentions where users are no longer with the company), please first deactivate the user(s) from the Customer Portal and then create a 'Customer Portal' case to request to remove the specified user(s) from the My Team view.

• Scott.Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Randy,
    Your solution would probably work. I do understand wanting to hold on to information from past support cases.

• AdminRandy Esposito (Product Owner, OSIsoft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can't completely delete a user record, because will would still want to have their original cases, downloads, and other things associated with them recorded. However we do have an enhancement in the backlog to be able to hid all inactive users from the "my team" view.

• David Casazza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm an adminstrator. I have many users that have left the company. Can I clean up my view by deleting them, and not just deactivating them?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED