myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide useable downloadable data for analyzing past NOC calls

While it is helpful to be able to see a history of NOC Cases in the portal, it would be helpful to be able to download the history for analysis. This would require a list of NOC calls with the name of the site, the case number, the Subject, the Description, the name of the Machine involved, the Contact who responded, the Device, interface or process involved, the current status, the last modified date and the Resolution (if any).

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. List PI Server Download under site

Clicking on a site lists all products, except for PI Server which is bizarrely the download icon for the site?
    This makes no sense and is possibly the most un-intuitive part of your generally un-intuitive customer portal.
    I have had the reason explained by customer support, but even the reason doesn't make sense!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION  ·  3 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple Companies Managed

I have several companies that I adminI'd like to be able to focus on one company's sites at a time with some sort of grouping function.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Portal to be localized into a preferred language

For customers and partners who prefer to work in a non-English language, it would be nice to have the option to localize the Customer and Partner Portals into this preferred language.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Manage NOC alerts for other (non admin users)

As you know lots of users have received by email NOC alerts, even users that are not active on the portal
    It would be good if and admin user could manage the NOC alerts for the users that need to receive them

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make default Customer Portal site configurable

When your organization has many sites, it would be helpful if you could pick which one would be selected by default in the customer portal. This would save a lot of time when either downloading products or entering Tech Support requests.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I need to see security bulletins pushed to my immediate attention

As a security aware customer, it is critical that I receive proactive alerts about OSIsoft security bulletins. It is suboptimal for me to subscribe to alerts in the portal, and then search for the alerts periodically in a rolling feed that could have hundreds of non-alert related items. Please strongly consider letting me sign-up for proactive timely email alerts, an RSS feed or some function that saves time to get these security alerts to me so that I can protect my critical infrastructure.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a visual indicator for permissions denied due to the user's profile

By definition, Support and Download users do not have permissions to generate PI Server licenses on the Customer Portal, but it is not apparent from the grayed-out license generation button that it is due to permissions. Similarly, Support Users see a lack of product install kits. This leads to some users thinking something is wrong with the portal as opposed to thinking it is permissions. It would be nice if there were an indicator or hover text such as "Your profile <profile> does not have license generation permission. Please contact your Admin User, noted on the My Profile > My…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve category selection on case creation page so that it's clearer which to select

The case creation page requires a selection of a category (eg. "Technical", "PI Developers Club License", "Customer Portal"), but at the moment, we are finding a non-negligible quantity of cases are submitted to the incorrect category.

This category selection is what allows the system to route the case to the right team, and incorrect selections can result in delays with the case.

The page does not clearly convey what each category is meant for, unless you know to hover over the categories to see the tooltips. However, this is not intuitive, and leads to incorrect selections.

Having spoken with several…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add possibility to see "All Cases"

Today, it is possible to see cases according to following main categories: Recent cases, All Open Cases, All Closed Cases
    There is no possibility to see "All Cases", whatever their status, although it could be useful to see all cases of an entity created in a chronological order.
    Suggestion to add this possibility

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a 'virtual cabinet' for users to store favorite KB articles

Documentation is great and Tech Support exceeds our expectations. I would like to suggest to create a 'virtual cabinet' where the user (me) could save its favorites or most use KB Articles or manuals for references, I think it would facilitate our troubleshooting for us.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide OSIsoft partners access to all software licenses for evaluation; think MSDN, VMware, Rockwell Toolkit, etc.

Please make it easier for OSIsoft partners to access the software and solutions that we’re expected build expertise and offerings around. It feels far more difficult than it should for us to have connectors, interfaces, integrators, etc. added to our PI DevClub licenses, and it makes it harder for us as partners to get our customers the solutions they need to transform their future.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase the spacing between the tabs

Currently, each tab is separated by a 2-space gap. This is not enough to distinguish the tabs at a glance and makes it difficult to recognize the boundary of any tab, which slows the user experience. Please make the gap size adapt to the window width. Set a minimum and maximum gap size and let the tabs get close only when there is not enough room.

Home Products Cases Services Success Objectives Quotes Reports Contact Us Quick Links

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More clearly differentiate Deactivated users on My Team page

Currently the Active status slider on the My Team page is greyed out for one of three reasons:
    1) The user has been deactivated
    2) You do not have permissions to deactivate the user
    3) The user is yourself (so that you do not accidentally remove yourself)

It would be nice if deactivated users were more clearly differentiated, perhaps in white instead of grey.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve performance of Product Page Quick Find search

Searching within specific products for downloads seems to attempt a search or filter after each letter I type. For larger packages such as PI Collection Suite, searching in "All Versions" is noticeably slow to return results because of this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add more info in NOC cases email subject

It would be better if NOC email cases had the case number as well as the status (Resolved, close or similar) on the email subject

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

PLANNED  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Test your changes before put them online

i lost my access and as such i cannot opencase or read a lb.

Nice work:((

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better way of managing many users with many sites

I have many users and many sites. It's impractical to select each site and manually add one user at a time. I'd like to see a general screen where I can drag and drop multiple users into multiple sites quickly.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the bottom of the download window reachable

I complained in the suggestion below that the download window should be bigger to make better use of the available screen space.
    https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/920320-myosisoft/suggestions/37446745-full-size-download-window

Thank you for addressing this. However, now the window extends beyond the bottom of the screen and I can't see the bottom of the download window, even when I scroll. In a sense, this is worse because I can't use the window properly anymore.

Please make the download window adapt to the size of the browser window so that none of it is cut off but the usage of screen space is still optimized, or allow the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Admin action distributed to multiple admins

My sites typically have multiple admins, who are responsible for adding / removing / updating user lists. It would be great if there was a way to queue or distribute admin actions for a site across all the admins for that site. Example, a new user calls technical support and a case is opened for an admin to add them as a user, it would be great if that was shared across the admins and not specific to one admin, as that admin may not be available.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED