myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas. All of the feedback you share on this forum is monitored and managed by OSIsoft Customer Success team.  

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve MSF mismatch instruction

Currently, the instruction says, "Please confirm that you have uploaded the correct MSF. If this issue persists with a correct MSF, please open a support ticket by selecting the option below". The instruction can be inferred as the user has uploaded an incorrect MSF and a correct MSF will resolve the issue which may not be true.

Recommend to change to "Please check that you have generated the MSF on the correct machine and uploaded the correct one. Then open a support ticket and state the reason for a new license in the support ticket by selecting the option below"

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow following articles to see when it is validated or has been updated

Need to ability to subscribe for updates to the article for when a fix has been found/validated - get notifications on bug status, as well as any available workarounds.
    This is especially important for non-validated articles

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show product release dates on download page

In order to more clearly identify a particular download version, it would be helpful to see its release date on the download page.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add SSO username to profile

Add a section to the customer profile with their SSO username so they know how to log onto FTP.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make it easy to find updated security patches to OSISoft Products

As a PI Administrator for a power company I am asked twice a month to verify that none of the products I support have had a security patch released.  Any such products in a NERC zone need to be patched within the next 12 days.

It used to be fairly easy to look at updates to all PI Client tools to find released security patches.  So far I haven't been able to find out if any have been patched.  This would also include interfaces which are prone to being run in a NERC environment.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow user sign on to persist through ALL OSIsoft sites.

Signing on to myosisoft.com does not always persist through all tech support sites. I often have to also sign on to PI Square. Additionally the checkbox to keep me signed in has never worked.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable filtered searches for users across many pages on My Team

As an Admin User, I have to manage many hundreds of users on My Team section. When I need to assign a new site to a user or change the user profile (to Download User for instance), I need to find this user across many pages. I cannot search for that user in the filter box since this field only filters for the current page on which they are only few users. If my user is listed further pages down, I need to navigate through all the pages of users before finding this user.

The goal of this feedback is…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Write a KB article that shows the succession of products

OSIsoft has made many products over the years, and many of those products have been deprecated and/or succeeded. The deprecation/succession documentation is currently scattered.

Based on personal experience, this is extremely confusing for someone new to the PI system. Some newbies might set up a PI system using older products, only to learn later that they should have never used those products and that they should migrate to a newer product. The more cautious newbies will be confused as to why so many products overlap in function, and each one will need to do their own research to find out…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make default site under "Products" tab the primary site configured for the User Account

EA customers often have a large list of associated sites. For EA customers the primary site they use to view available software is the "EA Virtual Site" which houses all OSIsoft standard software for download in one central place.

CSMs get tons of requests from customers who cannot find software because they don't know to look under the "EA Virtual Site".

It would be helpful if we could assign the "EA Virtual Site" as the primary site at the User level within Salesforce....then have this be the default site that shows up when the customer clicks on the "Products" tab.…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make default Customer Portal site configurable

When your organization has many sites, it would be helpful if you could pick which one would be selected by default in the customer portal. This would save a lot of time when either downloading products or entering Tech Support requests.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make product release announcements easier to identify

As all the news feed items have the same icon, so it is hard to pick out the release notices.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Product Release announcements more consistent

There is no consistent way to know if new product releases have occurred. Sometimes there is a new release alert in the Feed, but many times there is no alert. When there is an alert often the downlinks are missing. This is currently the most pressing need for improvements in the customer portal.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Attach my site's architecture diagram

I'd like to be able to attach my site's architecture diagram via the customer portal. This would allow me to avoid having to re-explain my architecture every time I call into Tech Support and speak with a new support engineer.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please don't show me older expired product licenses

It's confusing - I have old expired licenses that I'm requesting download access, and unknown to me, there is another site has the current license that I'm looking for. Rather than just emailing the account team of my download request, just direct me to where the license is current among the sites that I have download rights to.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option for Admin User to be copied on all case interaction e-mails

As an Admin User, I would like to be able to opt in to being cced on all case interaction e-mails for any cases for my sites. That way I can be aware of the issues my team is facing as the case interactions occur.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide OSIsoft partners access to all software licenses for evaluation; think MSDN, VMware, Rockwell Toolkit, etc.

Please make it easier for OSIsoft partners to access the software and solutions that we’re expected build expertise and offerings around. It feels far more difficult than it should for us to have connectors, interfaces, integrators, etc. added to our PI DevClub licenses, and it makes it harder for us as partners to get our customers the solutions they need to transform their future.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Increase the spacing between the tabs

Currently, each tab is separated by a 2-space gap. This is not enough to distinguish the tabs at a glance and makes it difficult to recognize the boundary of any tab, which slows the user experience. Please make the gap size adapt to the window width. Set a minimum and maximum gap size and let the tabs get close only when there is not enough room.

Home Products Cases Services Success Objectives Quotes Reports Contact Us Quick Links

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More clearly differentiate Deactivated users on My Team page

Currently the Active status slider on the My Team page is greyed out for one of three reasons:
    1) The user has been deactivated
    2) You do not have permissions to deactivate the user
    3) The user is yourself (so that you do not accidentally remove yourself)

It would be nice if deactivated users were more clearly differentiated, perhaps in white instead of grey.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add more info in NOC cases email subject

It would be better if NOC email cases had the case number as well as the status (Resolved, close or similar) on the email subject

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

PLANNED  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Test your changes before put them online

i lost my access and as such i cannot opencase or read a lb.

Nice work:((

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED