myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add SSO username to profile

Add a section to the customer profile with their SSO username so they know how to log onto FTP.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option for Admin User to be copied on all case interaction e-mails

As an Admin User, I would like to be able to opt in to being cced on all case interaction e-mails for any cases for my sites. That way I can be aware of the issues my team is facing as the case interactions occur.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. make page content expand to the full width of the browser

that can also give us more characters in the feed

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Address security issues on partners.osisoft.com

partners.osisoft.com currently scores a B on the SSL Server Test. The maximum score is A+.
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=partners.osisoft.com

Please address the issues that the test points out, such as the incomplete certificate chain and the continued support of TLS 1.1 and weak cipher suites.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Segment access to PI Client software downloads

It would be helpful to provide users access to download PI Client software without also giving them access to download PI Server software.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We would like to hear from you about the use cases for this request.

Currently, only a “Super User” or an “Admin” can generate a PI Server License file. “Download User” cannot.

“Download User” can download all software and files (including the PI Server exe), but with no ability to generate the required PI Server License file (see this KB Article for details on portal profile permissions: https://customers.osisoft.com/s/knowledgearticle?knowledgeArticleUrl=What-is-a-Customer-Portal-user-profile) .

Without the ability to generate a PI Server license file, the Download User cannot install a new instance of the PI Server. Does that satisfy the request?

6. Allow Site Name to be searchable on the Products page

For customers who have many sites, it is cumbersome to find the site they want on the Products Page. It would be nice if the "Select Site Name" dropdown list itself were searchable for any text in a site name and/or if, when "All Sites" is selected, the Product search bar could be used to return results based on the value in the "Site Name" field.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide more information in Customer quotes for services and related expenses

The quotes provided for T&L related to onsite services are too generic. It is difficult to tell the difference among a set of quotes which leads to confusion when matching POs against them. It would also be helpful to have more information on the quote to justify the PO.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Correct the escaping of characters in migrated cases

In migrated cases, what was originally \ and " now appear as \\ and \", respectively. Please restore the escaped characters to how they originally appeared.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a space between the first name and last name in the description of migrated cases

In migrated cases, the description appears as:
    Note: This case has been opened by the following person - KennethBarber

There should be a space between the first name and the last name.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Drop support for TLS 1.1 and weak cipher suites on customers.osisoft.com

This change will improve the security of the website and will improve the Protocol Support score of the website on the SSL Server Test.
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=customers.osisoft.com

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Easy access to quotes.

I have to submit POs before I can download the quote shown in the window. Can this be more intuitive?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Quickly add fellow admins for many, many sites

I administrate many sites. I need a way to quickly add a fellow admin that matches my own view and access.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve general user friendliness

Sharing input by my customer ElecGas - Pego site (Rita Tavares):

. the new site is not very user friendly on searching for products to download. It shows a very small window with the information, and it’s not easy to scroll down. And, each time with see anything in detail, on going back, it loses focus and goes to the beginning of everything.
    In fact, the old site, regarding products list and downloads had a much better design, with the possibility of filtering by product or “family”, or by the executables or documents.
    And with the chance to see the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make product release announcements easier to identify

As all the news feed items have the same icon, so it is hard to pick out the release notices.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can I see known issues for a particular version of a software?

As a PI Adminstrator for a system that is expensive to upgrade (requires revalidation), can I understand known issues with a particular version of software so that I can see if I should upgrade that version? The current version of the protal doesn't show issues for a specific release version.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. NOC Routing

Previously, NOC alerts were handled by whoever was on a NOC shift. With the new customer portal, NOC alerts are assigned to an engineer and the engineer takes ownership of the NOC alert. Customer stated if he responds to an alert when the engineer is not on shift, the customer will not get a response until the engineer is back on shift. Customer would like to have the alert handled by whatever engineer is available / on shift right when he responds to an alert.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve Product Search

Remove the need to know in which sub-group a product is hiding. If I for example want to install the PI System Connector, the Connector Relay,and the DCM, I first have to find out that the Connector and the Relay are in the PI Collection Suite, while the DCM is in the top level downloads. There is no overall product search that would show me where a specific product can be found.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Eliminate the need to scroll on the sign-in page

On laptops, the contents of the sign-in page do not fit on the screen, so the user must scroll to see all of it. Please redesign the page so that the content fits on the screen. Shrink or eliminate the picture of the bridge, or send it into the background (e.g. https://login.live.com/).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Filing an EA Tech Support case for a specific site

Since EA software licenses are managed on the EA virtual site, they are losing the ability to track cases filed against products as well as a site or sites. They would like to be able to track these items against both, as well as filter against both.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Attach my site's architecture diagram

I'd like to be able to attach my site's architecture diagram via the customer portal. This would allow me to avoid having to re-explain my architecture every time I call into Tech Support and speak with a new support engineer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED