myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

How can we improve myOSIsoft?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Software download window needs redesigned

The window to download software does not work well. I struggle to even reach the check box for license agreement and the button to start the download. I don't know if it scaling or what, but it was almost unusable.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Admin action distributed to multiple admins

My sites typically have multiple admins, who are responsible for adding / removing / updating user lists. It would be great if there was a way to queue or distribute admin actions for a site across all the admins for that site. Example, a new user calls technical support and a case is opened for an admin to add them as a user, it would be great if that was shared across the admins and not specific to one admin, as that admin may not be available.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a link to the myOSIsoft documentation

I searched it for a long time, finally found it in the e-mail I got today about veryfied users.
    It would be very useful to have a way to get to the link below from myOSIsoft.
    The link: https://explore.osisoft.com/myosisoft-customer-portal/

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Segment access to PI Client software downloads

It would be helpful to provide users access to download PI Client software without also giving them access to download PI Server software.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Site Name to be searchable on the Products page

For customers who have many sites, it is cumbersome to find the site they want on the Products Page. It would be nice if the "Select Site Name" dropdown list itself were searchable for any text in a site name and/or if, when "All Sites" is selected, the Product search bar could be used to return results based on the value in the "Site Name" field.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide more information in Customer quotes for services and related expenses

The quotes provided for T&L related to onsite services are too generic. It is difficult to tell the difference among a set of quotes which leads to confusion when matching POs against them. It would also be helpful to have more information on the quote to justify the PO.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Correct the escaping of characters in migrated cases

In migrated cases, what was originally \ and " now appear as \\ and \", respectively. Please restore the escaped characters to how they originally appeared.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a space between the first name and last name in the description of migrated cases

In migrated cases, the description appears as:
    Note: This case has been opened by the following person - KennethBarber

There should be a space between the first name and the last name.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Drop support for TLS 1.1 and weak cipher suites on customers.osisoft.com

This change will improve the security of the website and will improve the Protocol Support score of the website on the SSL Server Test.
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=customers.osisoft.com

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add PI System Cyber Security page link to the Quick Links pane

As a Customer Portal User I need to be able to easily access PI System Cyber Security page to keep up to date with the latest product alerts, security bulletins, upcoming security events, and recommended learning KBs and videos.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve performance of Product Page Quick Find search

Searching within specific products for downloads seems to attempt a search or filter after each letter I type. For larger packages such as PI Collection Suite, searching in "All Versions" is noticeably slow to return results because of this.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Easy access to quotes.

I have to submit POs before I can download the quote shown in the window. Can this be more intuitive?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Test your changes before put them online

i lost my access and as such i cannot opencase or read a lb.

Nice work:((

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Quickly add fellow admins for many, many sites

I administrate many sites. I need a way to quickly add a fellow admin that matches my own view and access.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Encrypt downloads

Currently, all downloads from the Customer Portal come from a link that begins with "http://downloads.osisoft.com", which is unencrypted. Please make all downloads occur over HTTPS.

This is especially important when the user downloads server-side programs (i.e. most PI programs). If a man-in-the-middle attack is successful in swapping out the server-side program with a malicious one, then the malicious program can attack the server on which it is installed and then attack all of the server's clients.

A man-in-the-middle attack against the download of client-side programs can be almost as bad if users are not allowed to download the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

PLANNED  ·  0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Filing an EA Tech Support case for a specific site

Since EA software licenses are managed on the EA virtual site, they are losing the ability to track cases filed against products as well as a site or sites. They would like to be able to track these items against both, as well as filter against both.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Order the version numbers

When you go to create a new case online, you must choose the version number of the program. Please make sure that the versions are always in order. For example, for PI DataLink, the version numbers are listed in descending order, which is fine, but then 2019 was sloppily appended at the bottom of the list, even though it should be at the top.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add SSO username to profile

Add a section to the customer profile with their SSO username so they know how to log onto FTP.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. make page content expand to the full width of the browser

that can also give us more characters in the feed

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add hyperlink to "case link" on emails on TS cases.

When a customer gets an email related to a support case, there is a case link in the email, however that case link is not a hyperlink and the customer needs to copy and paste it into a browser. It would be nice if this was a hyperlink to direct the customer to the case page of the customer portal.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED