Customer Portal & PI Square

Welcome to Customer Portal & PI Square feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on the OSIsoft Customer Portal, Partner Portal, and PI Square Online Community. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas. All of the feedback you share on this forum is monitored and managed by OSIsoft Customer Success team.  

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through the Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through the Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manage NOC alerts for other (non admin users)

As you know lots of users have received by email NOC alerts, even users that are not active on the portal
    It would be good if and admin user could manage the NOC alerts for the users that need to receive them

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can we please also get Syntax Highlighting for blog posts?

I was under the impression that Syntax Highlighting is a general feature and now learn that blog posts don't have it because "blog" is an adopted child.
    Can we please treat "blog" like the rest of the family?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable links to specific comments in a discussion

In the old PI Square, there were direct links to each post in discussion thread, which was handy for (at least) the following three use cases:
    1. Alerts (email or on the site) for new posts on a discussion took you directly to the new post.
    2. Alerts (email or on the site) that you were @mentioned in a post took you directly to that post.
    3. Ability to reference a particular post that contains the information of interest (e.g., sending a link to customer or coworker to help with a particular issue).
    The three use cases above are particularly…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better support for tables in blog posts

Tables are a great way to organize information and I've used them in nearly every blog post. However, on the new PI Square, tables must be copied and pasted from elsewhere (e.g. Excel) and they lose all borders, hyperlinks, and cell fill colours. Content within the table can be edited, but if the author wants to insert, delete, or rearrange any rows or columns, they must make these changes elsewhere and then replace the table in the blog post.

Basically, it is impractical to use tables, which greatly limits the types of blog posts that can be written. Please have…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show votes on the latest article version on customer portal

Right now, the vote numbers on articles are cumulative; they show all of the votes the article has received over the life of the article.

As a result, if there is a problem with an article, say a broken link, then it will get a lot of negative votes. If we fix the problem, then it will still have a lot of negative votes.

If someone sees an article with a lot of negative votes, they will think there is a problem with the article, and they won't trust it.

Instead, the article should show the positive and negative votes…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide useable downloadable data for analyzing past NOC calls

While it is helpful to be able to see a history of NOC Cases in the portal, it would be helpful to be able to download the history for analysis. This would require a list of NOC calls with the name of the site, the case number, the Subject, the Description, the name of the Machine involved, the Contact who responded, the Device, interface or process involved, the current status, the last modified date and the Resolution (if any).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add possibility to see "All Cases"

Today, it is possible to see cases according to following main categories: Recent cases, All Open Cases, All Closed Cases
    There is no possibility to see "All Cases", whatever their status, although it could be useful to see all cases of an entity created in a chronological order.
    Suggestion to add this possibility.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

EVALUATING  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow user sign on to persist through ALL OSIsoft sites.

Signing on to myosisoft.com does not always persist through all tech support sites. I often have to also sign on to PI Square. Additionally the checkbox to keep me signed in has never worked

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

EVALUATING  ·  2 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. List PI Server Download under site

Clicking on a site lists all products, except for PI Server which is bizarrely the download icon for the site?
    This makes no sense and is possibly the most un-intuitive part of your generally un-intuitive customer portal
    I have had the reason explained by customer support, but even the reason doesn't make sense!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TELL US MORE  ·  3 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Multiple Companies Managed

I have several companies that I adminI'd like to be able to focus on one company's sites at a time with some sort of grouping function.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better use of white space on PI Square

The PI Square feed appears to be portrait formatted, leaving a lot of white space left and right hand side, especially when using a wide screen monitor. As a result we often see undesired line breaks killing our attempts to create nice looking posts.
    PI Square should recognize the amount of horizontal pixels available and make use of them. Attached screenshot illustrates the problem.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Be able to hide the "Getting Started with the Community" pane

This pane appears on a person's own profile and is needed only when the person is new to the new PI Square. After that, it is a waste of visual space. Arguably, if the pane never existed, I think that users learn just fine on their own how to use the new website.

Please give us the option to hide the "Getting Started with the Community" pane.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable filtered searches for users across many pages on My Team

As an Admin User, I have to manage many hundreds of users on My Team section. When I need to assign a new site to a user or change the user profile (to Download User for instance), I need to find this user across many pages. I cannot search for that user in the filter box since this field only filters for the current page on which they are only few users. If my user is listed further pages down, I need to navigate through all the pages of users before finding this user.

The goal of this feedback is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop advertising superseded products

The page linked below is a major source of confusion for anybody new to PI (e.g. me at the time).
    https://www.osisoft.com/pi-system/pi-capabilities/product-list/

The list is not only long, but there is also overlap between the functionality of some products. There are 29 "products" listed, and of those, 9 of them have been superseded:
    • Advanced Computing Engine (ACE)
    • Batch
    • Performance Equations (PE)
    • PI BatchView
    • PI Interfaces
    • PI Interfaces for System Monitoring
    • PI ProcessBook
    • PI WebParts
    • Totalizers

Please revise this page to eliminate mentions of superseded products. This will help both new PI administrators…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

PLANNED  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve MSF mismatch instruction

Currently, the instruction says, "Please confirm that you have uploaded the correct MSF. If this issue persists with a correct MSF, please open a support ticket by selecting the option below". The instruction can be inferred as the user has uploaded an incorrect MSF and a correct MSF will resolve the issue which may not be true.

Recommend to change to "Please check that you have generated the MSF on the correct machine and uploaded the correct one. Then open a support ticket and state the reason for a new license in the support ticket by selecting the option below"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Product Release announcements more consistent

There is no consistent way to know if new product releases have occurred. Sometimes there is a new release alert in the Feed, but many times there is no alert. When there is an alert often the downlinks are missing. This is currently the most pressing need for improvements in the customer portal.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add SSO username to profile

Add a section to the customer profile with their SSO username so they know how to log onto FTP

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TELL US MORE  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it easy to find updated security patches to OSISoft Products

As a PI Administrator for a power company I am asked twice a month to verify that none of the products I support have had a security patch released.  Any such products in a NERC zone need to be patched within the next 12 days.

It used to be fairly easy to look at updates to all PI Client tools to find released security patches.  So far I haven't been able to find out if any have been patched.  This would also include interfaces which are prone to being run in a NERC environment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Explain the difference between each type of blog post audience

When you write a blog post on the new PI Square, you are presented with these options in the "Audience" dropdown menu:
    • All
    • Authenticated User
    • Community
    • Customer
    • Internal

However, it is not clear what each option means. Please make this clearer. Additionally, they are currently listed in alphabetical order, but they should instead be listed in order of privacy.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Write a KB article that shows the succession of products

OSIsoft has made many products over the years, and many of those products have been deprecated and/or succeeded. The deprecation/succession documentation is currently scattered.

Based on personal experience, this is extremely confusing for someone new to the PI system. Some newbies might set up a PI system using older products, only to learn later that they should have never used those products and that they should migrate to a newer product. The more cautious newbies will be confused as to why so many products overlap in function, and each one will need to do their own research to find out…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED