Customer Portal & PI Square

Welcome to Customer Portal & PI Square feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on the OSIsoft Customer Portal, Partner Portal, and PI Square Online Community. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas. All of the feedback you share on this forum is monitored and managed by OSIsoft Customer Success team.  

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through the Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through the Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add SSO username to profile

Add a section to the customer profile with their SSO username so they know how to log onto FTP

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TELL US MORE  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Option for Admin User to be copied on all case interaction e-mails

As an Admin User, I would like to be able to opt in to being cced on all case interaction e-mails for any cases for my sites. That way I can be aware of the issues my team is facing as the case interactions occur.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it easy to find updated security patches to OSISoft Products

As a PI Administrator for a power company I am asked twice a month to verify that none of the products I support have had a security patch released.  Any such products in a NERC zone need to be patched within the next 12 days.

It used to be fairly easy to look at updates to all PI Client tools to find released security patches.  So far I haven't been able to find out if any have been patched.  This would also include interfaces which are prone to being run in a NERC environment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add ability to enable email notifications for OSIsoft Alerts

As a PI System Admin, I would like to be notified via email when OSIsoft issues an alert.

Currently, I have to log into the Customer Portal and check my feed to see if there is a new alert as it is only possible to enable email notifications for the Tech Support Newsletter and PI System Security.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Notify users when they receive a message

Notification upon receipt of a message has been standard since at least the says of raising a flag on a mailbox, but PI Square doesn't do this. You need to either look at the "Recent Messages" section of your profile or click on your picture in the top right corner and go to "My Messages".

Within PI Square, please notify users when they receive a message from someone.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Notify users when someone replies to their comment

So far, I've gotten notifications whenever someone mentions me or whenever someone comments on one of my questions, whether the comment is directly in response to the question or a reply to another comment.

However, I don't get a notification when someone replies to my comment on someone else's question without mentioning me. Please send a notification in this case. It is better to slightly over-notify than to slightly under-notify, since it is much faster to dismiss an unimportant notification than to check whether a particular post has been replied to or not.

Also, if such a comment mentions me,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. make PISquare new interface readable

currently posts are impossible to read.
    1. can't find the right answer (the first one liste generally is not the first one)
    2. seems like some answers are missing (someone is answearing to someone's answer that's not there)
    3. 4th level answers width is so small that long answers are impossible to read.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Explain the difference between each type of blog post audience

When you write a blog post on the new PI Square, you are presented with these options in the "Audience" dropdown menu:
    • All
    • Authenticated User
    • Community
    • Customer
    • Internal

However, it is not clear what each option means. Please make this clearer. Additionally, they are currently listed in alphabetical order, but they should instead be listed in order of privacy.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PI Square Online Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Access Customer Portal with customer SSO authentication

My customer would like to be able to access the OSISoft Customer portal using THEIR SSO infrastructure. This saves the user having to sync passwords, and also mean that the password policy of the end-user is applied. Preferably a user would be entered into a user group in the customer domain, and that would mirror OSIsoft customer portal access.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add support for TLS 1.3

Please add support for TLS 1.3 to customers.osisoft.com so that it loads more quickly and more securely. The home page is already very slow to load. Need every speed boost that we can get.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add support for HTTP/2 on both the Customer Portal and the Partner Portal

Currently, both the Customer Portal and the Partner Portal support only HTTP/1.1. Please add support for HTTP/2 for both of these sites. This will make them load faster and will hopefully solve the complaints about their slow load times.

The links below test the 2 portal websites for HTTP/2 support:
    https://http2.pro/check?url=https%3A//customers.osisoft.com/
    https://http2.pro/check?url=https%3A//partners.osisoft.com/

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Write a KB article that shows the succession of products

OSIsoft has made many products over the years, and many of those products have been deprecated and/or succeeded. The deprecation/succession documentation is currently scattered.

Based on personal experience, this is extremely confusing for someone new to the PI system. Some newbies might set up a PI system using older products, only to learn later that they should have never used those products and that they should migrate to a newer product. The more cautious newbies will be confused as to why so many products overlap in function, and each one will need to do their own research to find out…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Drop support for weak cipher suites for TLS 1.2 on feedback.osisoft.com

Please drop support for weak cipher suites for TLS 1.2 to improve the security of OSIsoft's feedback website. See the results of Qualys's SSL Server Test for more details:
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=feedback.osisoft.com

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve case description formatting

As a user who creates TS cases, I would like the formatting of the description to persist from the "create a case" dialog to the case details itself. After submitting a case, the formatted description loses its line breaks, etc, making for a much more difficult reading experience.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make default site under "Products" tab the primary site configured for the User Account

EA customers often have a large list of associated sites. For EA customers the primary site they use to view available software is the "EA Virtual Site" which houses all OSIsoft standard software for download in one central place.

CSMs get tons of requests from customers who cannot find software because they don't know to look under the "EA Virtual Site".

It would be helpful if we could assign the "EA Virtual Site" as the primary site at the User level within Salesforce....then have this be the default site that shows up when the customer clicks on the "Products" tab.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change the default text of links from "http://" to "https://"

In existing cases, users have the option to add a link. By default, the link text is "http://". This should be changed to "https://", since the world is migrating more and more towards HTTPS, and it will help familiarize users with the idea that the secure version of links should be used whenever possible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Permit users to have different access levels at different sites

Currently the Admin from one company site can add a user from a different company site at a lower level, and the level is propagated across all sites. The user may be an admin at Site A, but if added as a Super user at Site B, the admin level access at Site A is downgraded. Unfortunately since there is only one Global access level per user, this user must either be Admin everywhere or Super User.

Ideally each user needs access levels for each site.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make default Customer Portal site configurable

When your organization has many sites, it would be helpful if you could pick which one would be selected by default in the customer portal. This would save a lot of time when either downloading products or entering Tech Support requests.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make product release announcements easier to identify

As all the news feed items have the same icon, so it is hard to pick out the release notices.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Attach my site's architecture diagram

I'd like to be able to attach my site's architecture diagram via the customer portal. This would allow me to avoid having to re-explain my architecture every time I call into Tech Support and speak with a new support engineer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED