myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Order the version numbers

When you go to create a new case online, you must choose the version number of the program. Please make sure that the versions are always in order. For example, for PI DataLink, the version numbers are listed in descending order, which is fine, but then 2019 was sloppily appended at the bottom of the list, even though it should be at the top.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the pop-up screen for uploading the MSF file for license generation larger or include a scroll down button

When generating a PI license file on the customer portal, a pop-up screen is presented for uploading the MSF file. When the pop-up screen opens it cuts off before you see where to upload the MSF file. Include a scroll function on the side bar so customers can expand the pop-up screen and see where to upload the MSF file or make the pop screen larger.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please don't show me older expired product licenses

It's confusing - I have old expired licenses that I'm requesting download access, and unknown to me, there is another site has the current license that I'm looking for. Rather than just emailing the account team of my download request, just direct me to where the license is current among the sites that I have download rights to.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Streamline changing of roles

As an admin changing the role for a user requires you to enter into each user and updating the role. Unfortunately phone number and/or other fields such as working times, timezone, etc. typically aren't set and these are required. This means that to simply change permissions the Admin must now enter in all of these fields which is an arduous task, especially if you need to do it for a team of people.

Rather, when clicking Configure for the user the role is shown in a dropdown that's currently disabled. Being able to update the role here would streamline the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove product family from product search criteria

The Search in the ‘Product’ Section of the Portal allows customers to search a number of fields including anything in the ‘Custom Name’ field. Thus they can name their servers meaningful names (to them) and be able to find them easily.

This is a great capability BUT we feel that we have identified a problem.

One of the fields that seems to get searched is ‘Product Family’. This creates the issue.

It would seem reasonable, in fact a good idea, for a customer to call a server something like ‘Project X Development Server’. But we use ‘Development’ as a Product…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add hyperlink to "case link" on emails on TS cases.

When a customer gets an email related to a support case, there is a case link in the email, however that case link is not a hyperlink and the customer needs to copy and paste it into a browser. It would be nice if this was a hyperlink to direct the customer to the case page of the customer portal.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customer Portal Feedback

I am using the products page on the Customer Portal and I believe that some changes should be made, regarding the display of release dates and version numbers directly from the download UI, as I feel that this is a necessary column to include, and I don't understand why it's not shown immediately. I believe that better sorting of product downloads by chronological release when displaying "All Versions" would be an important enhancement. I notice that some products have their full version numbers listed, while others have their - more common - version year listed. I believe that this should…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Group Developers Club users into a single group

In the software download area I see my various PI Servers but there is also a large list of PI Developers Club licenses. As with all the products associated with each PI Server, I would like to roll all Developers Club licenses into a single category which could be expanded should the need arise.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow user sign on to persist through ALL OSIsoft sites.

Signing on to myosisoft.com does not always persist through all tech support sites. I often have to also sign on to PI Square. Additionally the checkbox to keep me signed in has never worked.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  1 comment  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide a way to show what has updated in a KB article

I usually look at all KB updates in the site. But, I don't know what has been added or updated in the KB! Please try to write or show what is new in the KB.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow users to browse >2 pages of cases to view older cases

Currently, I can see only 2 pages of closed cases and I cannot see any of the cases that I started before 2017. I deleted the case emails long ago on the assumption that the communications would always still be available online, which they are not anymore.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change "CaseDetail" to "Case Detail" in the title of case pages

When you click on a case, the title of the web page, as shown in the browser tab, is "CaseDetail". This should be "Case Detail".

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. link to "myOsiSoft" and feedback page

The link to "myOsiSoft" site, on support page its not obvious or easy to find/remember.

The same with the Feedback page link.
    Had to heard from someone else that the page exists and search a lot to find the link.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 当pi点数据状态异常时该点当前数据值应该保持其最近的历史数据值.

当pi点数据状态异常时该点当前数据值应该保持其最近的历史数据值.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Permit users to have different access levels at different sites

Currently the Admin from one company site can add a user from a different company site at a lower level, and the level is propagated across all sites. The user may be an admin at Site A, but if added as a Super user at Site B, the admin level access at Site A is downgraded. Unfortunately since there is only one Global access level per user, this user must either be Admin everywhere or Super User.

Ideally each user needs access levels for each site.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show product release dates on download page

In order to more clearly identify a particular download version, it would be helpful to see its release date on the download page.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Product Release announcements more consistent

There is no consistent way to know if new product releases have occurred. Sometimes there is a new release alert in the Feed, but many times there is no alert. When there is an alert often the downlinks are missing. This is currently the most pressing need for improvements in the customer portal.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Install kits should extract only what they will install

Currently, all install kits other than the PI Server install kit follow these steps in the order shown:
    1. Extract everything
    2. Check what needs to be installed
    3. Display a window asking the user to acknowledge what will be installed
    4. Install only what needs to be installed

This approach wastes disk space, helps wear down the disk, and adds to the extraction time.

Please consider making install kits do the following instead:
    1. Check what needs to be installed
    2. Display a window asking the user to acknowledge what will be installed
    3. Extract only what will be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pick one: "install kit" or "installation kit"

In the download window, "Installation Kit" is used as the category name and as a File Type, but the File Names may use "Installation Kit" or "Install Kit", usually the latter. Please use only a single name to avoid confusion and inconsistencies.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Group catalog files under a separate category

Currently, the catalog files are grouped together with the install kits, which makes the list difficult to browse. Please move the catalog files to a new "Installation Kit Catalog Files" category and change their File Type to "Catalog File"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED