myOSIsoft

Welcome to myOSIsoft feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on myOSIsoft including the OSIsoft Customer Portal and Partner Portal. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas. All of the feedback you share on this forum is monitored and managed by OSIsoft Customer Success team.  

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For reporting any bugs in the portals, please open a case through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) under the "Customer Portal" category instead of sharing them here.
  • For issues accessing the portal, visit How to Get a Login.
  • For any other technical support needs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal instead of sharing them here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Attach my site's architecture diagram

I'd like to be able to attach my site's architecture diagram via the customer portal. This would allow me to avoid having to re-explain my architecture every time I call into Tech Support and speak with a new support engineer.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Admin action distributed to multiple admins

My sites typically have multiple admins, who are responsible for adding / removing / updating user lists. It would be great if there was a way to queue or distribute admin actions for a site across all the admins for that site. Example, a new user calls technical support and a case is opened for an admin to add them as a user, it would be great if that was shared across the admins and not specific to one admin, as that admin may not be available.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. make page content expand to the full width of the browser

that can also give us more characters in the feed

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add hyperlink to "case link" on emails on TS cases.

When a customer gets an email related to a support case, there is a case link in the email, however that case link is not a hyperlink and the customer needs to copy and paste it into a browser. It would be nice if this was a hyperlink to direct the customer to the case page of the customer portal.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide a way to show what has updated in a KB article

I usually look at all KB updates in the site. But, I don't know what has been added or updated in the KB! Please try to write or show what is new in the KB.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Knowledge base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide more information in Customer quotes for services and related expenses

The quotes provided for T&L related to onsite services are too generic. It is difficult to tell the difference among a set of quotes which leads to confusion when matching POs against them. It would also be helpful to have more information on the quote to justify the PO.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Correct the escaping of characters in migrated cases

In migrated cases, what was originally \ and " now appear as \ and ", respectively. Please restore the escaped characters to how they originally appeared.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a space between the first name and last name in the description of migrated cases

In migrated cases, the description appears as:
    Note: This case has been opened by the following person - KennethBarber

There should be a space between the first name and the last name.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Drop support for TLS 1.1 and weak cipher suites on customers.osisoft.com

This change will improve the security of the website and will improve the Protocol Support score of the website on the SSL Server Test.
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=customers.osisoft.com

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

PLANNED  ·  2 comments  ·  Customer Portal Overall  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Easy access to quotes.

I have to submit POs before I can download the quote shown in the window. Can this be more intuitive?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Quickly add fellow admins for many, many sites

I administrate many sites. I need a way to quickly add a fellow admin that matches my own view and access.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Update & standardize the properties of OSIsoft programs in Programs And Features

In Programs And Features in the Control Panel, many of the properties of OSIsoft's programs are unnecessarily inconsistent between programs. See the attachment. This is confusing for the user, makes it more difficult for the user to navigate the programs after a property is sorted, and comes across as sloppy.

The values of the properties also need to be updated. For example, techsupport@osisoft.com is no longer the preferred way to contact OSIsoft. The links should be updated to avoid dependence on redirects (e.g. HTTP links will redirect to HTTPS and techsupport.osisoft.com will redirect to my.osisoft.com).

Please update these properties and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatic case creation for license generation error

As a admin user, when experienced an error during license generation, I would like a technical support case created automatically on my behalf. And a representative from OSIsoft to contact me regarding the error. Currently, I need to contact technical support manually when experiencing a license generation error.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  On-line Case Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove Idea from Create Content on PI Square

PI Square users can still create Ideas. Remove this option or redirect to this site

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enhance Tech Support Case Creating Description Window

Enhance the Case Form description window when entering in a new tech support case.

Allow the description window to be full screen.
    Support basic formatting of text.
    Support pasting of images.

The current description window is both too small and is difficult to format the text to simply convey complicated issues.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Download page should be easier to access

It's rather convoluted to get to the downloads page. It would be much more user friendly if we could get there in fewer clicks. For example, other software companies have their download page accessible in 2 clicks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Downloads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow new method(s) in the Quindar Interface

1) The Survalent System API allows references to be pulled by station, or by PointID. While Station migrates around periodically in our processes, PointID does not, and is fixed. This would reduce tag change management by greater than 50% in our process.

2) Our organization is using Survalent replicator and Archiver product to keep our Operations log (alarm log + other items). It would be good to ingest these items into Historian to work with the analysis engine to mark data as bad, etc based on SCADA system alarming.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve case description formatting

As a user who creates TS cases, I would like the formatting of the description to persist from the "create a case" dialog to the case details itself. After submitting a case, the formatted description loses its line breaks, etc, making for a much more difficult reading experience.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The current OSISoft web site is not working with Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 which is the supported

Good Morning Ali, Thanks for u email. The current OSISoft web site is not working with Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 which is the supported browser in Saudi Aramco. Although we tried FireFox as well as Microsoft Edge. Both also are not supported for u web site. The critical issue is all our licenses downloads are stopped due to issues with your web site support only for Crome. We request any urgent remedy for the same please.
    Thanks and appreciate

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change the default text of links from "http://" to "https://"

In existing cases, users have the option to add a link. By default, the link text is "http://". This should be changed to "https://", since the world is migrating more and more towards HTTPS, and it will help familiarize users with the idea that the secure version of links should be used whenever possible.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED