PI Adapters should accept a StreamID longer than 100 characters when writing to PI WebAPI OMF endpoint
Currently a StreamId cannot have more than 100 characters because of a limitation in PI Cloud for this type of object. Nevertheless for PI Cores and PI Data Archive, the PI tag limit of characters is 1024.
PI Adapters when writing to a PI WebAPI OMF endpoint should accept StreamID with more than 100 characters length to take into account a future migration path for customers currently using PI Connectors and working with existing PI tags with long tag names.
This feature has been incorporated into the latest versions of all of our PI Adapters:
- PI Adapter for MQTT (v188.8.131.52 and later)
- PI Adapter for OPC UA (v184.108.40.206 and later)
- PI Adapter for Modbus TCP (v220.127.116.11 and later)
- PI Adapter for BACnet (v18.104.22.168 and later)
- PI Adapter for DNP3 (v22.214.171.124 and later)
- PI Adapter for RDBMS (v126.96.36.199 and later)
- PI Adapter for Structured Data Files (v188.8.131.52 and later)
- PI Adapter for Azure Event Hubs (v184.108.40.206 and later)
Kenneth Barber commented
Does anything other than the tag name go in the StreamID? I'm curious as to how many of those 100 characters are actually available for the tag name.
Hi, 100 characters is to small regarding our tag naming convention, I would appreciate to grow this field. Thanks